Parkliner - Open Neutral at Air Conditioner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #21

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
... and I wonder if Tom & Chandler have any idea all these ParkLiner problems get addressed on forums for all to see?

Frank
Yes, they do.

I expect to see an improvement over the next few months, but to get where they need to be will probably take a couple of years. I think this will be staged improvement as employee's skills improve, procedures are written (and followed), inventory management is put in place, quality control is developed, etc.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:49 AM   #22

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Yes, they do.

I expect to see an improvement over the next few months, but to get where they need to be will probably take a couple of years. I think this will be staged improvement as employee's skills improve, procedures are written (and followed), inventory management is put in place, quality control is developed, etc.
I just hope it's not too late Huck. I understand a focus on getting money in the door, but I worry about support for existing customers. The less contact with current owners that have basic questions and physical needs, the worse word-of-mouth becomes, and that's a problem in today's very social web based world.

These trailers Chandler has designed are simply awesome, but with various problems not resolved, no return of phone calls or emails, people get frustrated. So they go camping, and other campers come by to see this awesome trailer, but gee, the owners love the trailer, but not the company? Not a good thing. To me, every owner is a potential salesperson, as they have these awesome trailers and are out camping (often in social settings) with them.

I would love to see ParkLiner form an Owner's Club of some kind, sponsor a meet near the factory every year, do an electronic newsletter every quarter, keep the Facebook page up-to-date. There are still a lot of people pulling for the company because the trailer is so well designed and elegant for its size, but this customer relations stuff is critically important, along with the things you note (procedures are written and followed, inventory management is put in place, quality control is developed, etc.)

It's like the old restaurant analogy. If you get a bad meal and bad service, you not only don't go back, you tell others.

Oh well.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:15 AM   #23

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Frank you hit the nail on the head with your last post.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:06 AM   #24

Virginia
Quote:
I just hope it's not too late Huck. I understand a focus on getting money in the door, but I worry about support for existing customers. The less contact with current owners that have basic questions and physical needs, the worse word-of-mouth becomes, and that's a problem in today's very social web based world.

Frank
I've bootstrapped several businesses over the years, and I've always thought starting a business from scratch was like sailing a small sailboat.

Sometimes you're lucky and have the wind at your back. You go like heck and enjoy the ride, but always remembering you won't always have the wind behind you. If you make to sudden a turn, you might just capsize.

Sometimes there are cross winds, sometimes no wind, and sometimes you've got gale force winds right in your face. Quite often, getting where you want to go is not a straight line.

But the good sailor can sail in all kinds of weather, but it takes a lot of experience to become a good sailor.

Parkliner has a trailer people want, so there is always a breeze, but lately it has been blowing right in their face. Given time and experience, I think they will handle it OK. They are making some mistakes along the way, but they haven't turned over the boat. Maybe taken on a little water, but they seem to be bailing it out.

I've only sailed by myself twice, but really enjoyed the mental aspect of it. My 1st time out, I was in a homemade sailboat in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay at dusk with a huge storm coming in and the wind in my face. The saying "any port in a storm" comes to mind. Let's see where Parkliner is in September.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:40 AM   #25

New York
Quote:
I've bootstrapped several businesses over the years, and I've always thought starting a business from scratch was like sailing a small sailboat.
Good analogy Huck. I think chandler did well getting Tom Bass in to work with him. Not only do I think they'll make it to September, I think a lot of positive things are waiting in the wings. I actually think we'll know better in July/August.

Well, we're off to the Outer Banks till Memorial Day, sans ParkLiner...

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-16-2014, 06:00 AM   #26

Virginia
Quote:
Well, we're off to the Outer Banks till Memorial Day, sans ParkLiner...

Frank
I spent a few days on the Outer banks in April and planning on going back as soon as the memorial Day'ers clear out! I stayed at Frisco for 2 nights and oregon Inlet for 1 night. This trip I plan on staying at Hatteras (Buxton) for 5 days.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:06 AM   #27

New York
Quote:
I spent a few days on the Outer banks in April and planning on going back as soon as the memorial Day'ers clear out! I stayed at Frisco for 2 nights and oregon Inlet for 1 night. This trip I plan on staying at Hatteras (Buxton) for 5 days.
Cool Huck! We wanted to do it before Memorial Day weekend, and then have 3 days to come home, figuring we'd be hauling the ParkLiner. We rented a condo in Kittyhawk to wait while our trailer got fixed. Now it's just a vacation, no trailer fix. More time off and expense later this year when ParkLiner has time for us.

Never been to the Outer Banks before, so we're excited, We're just getting ready to head out!

Enjoy!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-16-2014, 06:25 AM   #28

Virginia
Quote:
Cool Huck! We wanted to do it before Memorial Day weekend, and then have 3 days to come home, figuring we'd be hauling the ParkLiner. We rented a condo in Kittyhawk to wait while our trailer got fixed. Now it's just a vacation, no trailer fix. More time off and expense later this year when ParkLiner has time for us.

Never been to the Outer Banks before, so we're excited, We're just getting ready to head out!

Enjoy!

Frank
Unfortunately, the Outer Banks have been over regulated and over commercialized. You used to be able to drive on the beach and fish without a permit or license. Now you have to get a permit to drive on the beach and access is greatly limited from what it used to be and you need a license to fish.

If you have the time, I would suggest a day trip to Ocracoke Island. You cross the bridge to Hatteras Island, drive the full length of the island, and then take the free ferry to Ocracoke Island. Most of the islands are National Seashore, so there are small towns and then nothing for several miles, then small towns, etc.

Tags
parkliner