Parkliner RV support - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2018, 05:55 PM   #1

Name: George
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner
North Carolina
Parkliner RV support

For the Parkliner owners in the states close to North Carolina, I have just learned that Liberty Outdoors, the company that purchased Parkliner a few years ago, has stopped production and closed the factory in Liberty,NC.
As a 2014 Parkliner owner, I was concerned about where to get technical support and repairs for my RV.
Aaron McGee, who was the Production Development Coordinator for Parkliner for many years, is now employed by Camping World in Colfax, NC, outside of Mebane, close to Greensboro. If your Parkliner needs repairs and you are willing to make the trip to Colfax to have a Parkliner expert provide the service, this is a good option. If you ask for Aaron, Camping World will assign the service to Aaron
GeorgeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:32 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
GeorgeH Liberty Outdoors is suppose to have a 2018 ParkLiner Demo at our rally through an arrangement with their dealer Southland RV. I was told they were making some changes to it but I don't think they will quit producing the ParkLiner
Old 05-22-2018, 09:30 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
2016 ParkLiner

So, maybe we jumped too soon in selling our Scamp.
At least now we have a queen size bed and more headroom.
I never had the feeling that Parkliner would take care of us for ever more.
Tom Bass was good enough to reimburse me for the "warranty" work I did myself.

I think they went to selling the trailers through "Little Guy" in California.

Recently, I was corresponding with a Dylan DeHoff ddehoff@golibertyoutdoors.com and
William Zantopulos wzantopulos@golibertyoutdoors.com

You may get some help from them. But they were slow in answering my e-mails.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:37 AM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: 2016 Parkliner
Virginia
I just received this Facebook PM from Parkliner:

We have shut down our North Carolina plant that manufactures the Park Liner for us and are updating and revising the Park Liner. We are hoping to have production back up in roughly a year.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:19 PM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
That sounds to me like outdated information. I believe they did shut down for a period while they switched from the "old" Parkliner 15' to the "new" Parkliner 16'. Your e-mail sure reads like a robo-response that hasn't been updated (like the website, which still featuring pictures of the old model).

The new 16's are hitting the market and the roads (I've seen photos from buyers of the new ones), so it seems they are in production again. I believe there was another rumor that they were moving production to a nearby facility. If true, that would account for the rumors of the old facility shutting down.

Lots of rumors here. Let's avoid jumping to conclusions. I'd hate to publish an obituary for a living company!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:20 PM   #6
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
At the end of last month I received an email from Liberty Outdoors listing all the dealers where you can view and purchase the new Parkliner across the country.
It reads more like a roll out than a shut down.
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:50 PM   #7

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Lots of rumors here. Let's avoid jumping to conclusions. I'd hate to publish an obituary for a living company!
I would too, but they certainly don't do themselves any favors with badly outdated information and no recent posts.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:09 AM   #8

Arizona
Registry
Agree. With a new parent company and a new(-ish) trailer out, you'd think they could at least manage to update their web page.

If I were a dealer of the new Parkliner, I'd be putting some pressure on Liberty Outdoor to remedy that. Nowadays, a good web site is the necessary starting point for almost any product more complicated than a stick of lumber or a loaf of bread.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:03 AM   #9

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
If past practice is any kind of indicator Parkliner will continue down the road of unfulfilled promises and disappointed customers .
I would rather put my faith in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny !!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:08 AM   #10

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
I still stand by this from 12-07-2015.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post561935
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:18 AM   #11

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve outlaw View Post
i still stand by this from 12-07-2015.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post561935
👍👍👍👍👍
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:59 AM   #12

Name: dave
Trailer: no longer looking at Parkliner,04 Honda Odyssey
Pennsylvania
Lucky

Jon, I agree their website was horribly outdated. That's never good! I almost ordered one last year until they stopped making the old model. That was a good camper at a good price. I guess I am lucky I didn't! What happens to the people in the pipeline; wait another year until they maybe reopen? Hopefully Liberty Outdoors can secure the rights to it and work something out with someone else in their group like T@B who appear to be doing just fine in this good economy. Maybe they could have 2 models, one like the old one and one like the new. T@B has multiple models. Just some happy thoughts...
flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #13

Name: Aaron
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
Just a little info

So as the o.p. stated the Liberty outdoors NC plant that produces the Parkliner has been close. There were a couple of remaining orders that were filled but the plant is closed. It may be true that the Parkliner will be produced in the future but at the moment all tooling and machines are in storage. So, if there are any Parkliner owner that need work done to there campers let me know. Also, I am able to answer questions, I may no longer work for Liberty Outdoors, but I have always stood behind the Parkliner, from the beginning to the end twice. Yes, I started building Parkliners with Chandler in the original location, and finished up in Liberty NC about 2 months ago. I am now working at Camping World of Colfax but I can be reached by PM. I am here to do what I can for Parkliner owners. Most likely if you bought a Parkliner and picked it up from the factory in Gibsonville, Burlington,or Liberty you may have talked to me person.
AmcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:15 PM   #14

Arizona
Registry
That is sad news, Aaron. I respect and appreciate your commitment to the product and the owners. I'm curious- any idea how many of the new-style Parkliners were produced?
Old 06-10-2018, 06:48 PM   #15

Name: john
Trailer: little guy
Maryland
Park Liner in business I think

Was at the open house at Beckleys RV in Maryland a few weeks back and met Chris Baum from Liberty outdoors. He told me they are moving the Park Liner manufacturing to Somerset Pennsylvania, maybe that can account for part of the silence coming out of the North Carolina facility. I think I am still going to take one home other than the fiberglass everything in these else can be bought off the shelf somewhere so maybe after warranty who really needs them.
jmcr218 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner