Parkliner Tire Rub issues? - Page 19 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #361

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
.......... I was responding to Tom's favorable view of PL design, nothing more. If I were to say that Chandler developed an inviting design and the execution of actual units failed to satisfy his customers, would that be a fair statement?.......jack
I think that you have nailed it, Jack. My disappointment is seeing a fledgling company wobble. Of course, that is how business works - you need to check all the boxes, not just innovative design. That said, I really hope that Chandler can straighten out these issues and refine the design issues, which from a technical point of view, are really minor to correct in production, but upsetting to a current owner.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #362

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
ParkLiner 34 - Mod 1

I just picked up PL34 from the body shop this morning and I am thrilled with the results. These guys do a lot of Corvette work and know their way around fiberglass. Even after the infamous tire swap, I could barely get my little finger between the tire and the front edge of the wheel well. Here are the before pictures - both street side and curb side.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Street side view before_sm.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	64859 Click image for larger version

Name:	Curb side view before_sm.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	64860

And here are the after pictures -

Name:	Street side view after repair_sm.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	64865 Click image for larger version

Name:	Curbside view after repair_sm.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	64867

I measured both sides and now have about 1 1/2 inches of clearance between tire and wheel well.

Name:	Street side measurement after repair_sm.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	64869 Click image for larger version

Name:	Curbside measurement after repair_sm.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	64868

I can fit my entire hand between the tire and wheel well. Unless you look very closely and know what the ParkLiner looked like originally, you would think this was the way it came. Certainly, this amount of clearance should have been built in from the beginning and does not affect the appearance of the unit

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #363

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
glad it worked out for you....
Old 09-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #364

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Sure hope for your sake Brian and theirs that Parkliner does plan on reimbursing you for the cost of having to take what is essentially a new 2013 trailer into an independent fiberglass repair shop to fix what is a big safety issue.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #365

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Looks fantastic Brian !!
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #366

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Looks Great! How much?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #367

Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Looks Great! How much?
With New York State sales tax, $1080. I have mailed Chandler a copy of my bill with a request for reimbursement. Let's hope he does the honorable thing. I'll keep you posted.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #368

New Jersey
Registry
Ouch! But if it solves the problems then sweet....I think Chandler needs to be smart and start taking care ofthese problems before a class action suit happens.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 09-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #369

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Even if the cost is never reimbursed, I think this was an excellent mod, and money well spent.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #370

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Brian, were the wheel wells relieved to allow adequate clearance with the 14" rims and tires originally supplied?

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #371

Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
Brian, were the wheel wells relieved to allow adequate clearance with the 14" rims and tires originally supplied?

jack
The wheel wells were relieved to the maximum that they could without risking damage to existing wiring or plumbing. The rims are original. I think that the stock ST205s would now probably fit with plenty of clearance. The replacement LT185s have a higher speed and weight rating and track well. I would not be inclined to consider a change until they age out.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #372

Name: Mark
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
With New York State sales tax, $1080. I have mailed Chandler a copy of my bill with a request for reimbursement. Let's hope he does the honorable thing. I'll keep you posted.
I hope he does also. That wasn't cheap and I agree, it is how it should be been made in the first place. I suppose PL agrees, since someone posted in the forums that they are changing the mold.

The mod looks great! That should definitely fix the issue.
Birmingham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #373

Name: Mark
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Ouch! But if it solves the problems then sweet....I think Chandler needs to be smart and start taking care ofthese problems before a class action suit happens.
Even if there were to be some kind of suit, I doubt there is any money to be had. And if there was, I'm sure Chandler is smart enough to protect it. The only hope would be if PL is properly insured.
Birmingham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #374

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Brian, your solution looks great, and should certainly do the trick. Best of luck with your getting reimbursed.

For the sake of the industry, and keeping things competitive, I certainly hope PL can pull it together. They better do it fast though.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #375

On their facebook, Sept 21
"I have been dealing with an overheating battery/converter problem with my Park Liner since June. I can not seem to get anyone at Park Liner to send me the parts or return my calls. Do I need to bring my camper to your lot for repairs?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
The converter was cooking our batteries and overheating. We woke up in the middle of the night with the dogs barking, a hissing sound and the smell of sulfur. The underside of the plywood was scorched as well. That was in June..... Need i say more? Thanks for the input about the other threads. I will definitely check them out.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #376

New Jersey
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
On their facebook, Sept 21
"I have been dealing with an overheating battery/converter problem with my Park Liner since June. I can not seem to get anyone at Park Liner to send me the parts or return my calls. Do I need to bring my camper to your lot for repairs?"

I posted this a here a few days ago... checked their facebook page today and the comment was deleted.

Mistake! Better to try not to hide problems but fix them!

Now would using a lift kit to raise the trailer up 2 or 3 inches from the axle wouldnt that solve the rubbing problem?

Old 09-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #377

Yes, deleted quick. It's the second complaint delete I have ran across by chance. Lets hope the reason is complaint was solved.

Isn't the axle welded to the frame?
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #378

New Jersey
Registry
Yeah they did weld the axles to the frame. I have the first type of axle they used so I don't have the rub problem now but I'm sure down the road as I get sag it will happen. Sad that they don't seem to be satisfying the customers... not one person as of yet has said "Chandler took care of it quickly without me calling them 20 times and waiting."

The power of the INTERNET!

Old 09-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #379

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
I am aware of a couple of (at least perceived) negative comments that were removed from the ParkLiner Facebook page. That is their prerogative, though.

However, perhaps this is the best way to at least communicate with ParkLiner, since people are not having much luck with emails or phone calls. It is obvious that they check the Facebook page often, so even if questions or comments are deleted, at least the person posting would know they are read and that ParkLiner is aware of that particular issue or problem. If they choose not to respond, that doesn't speak well for their business.

I am sorry for those who have unresolved issues. I also hope that Chandler figures out a way to fix the problems and make his business work. It is all quite bewildering.
LindaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #380

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Yes, deleted quick....
Isn't the axle welded to the frame?
I know from posts that #'s 34(Brian's), 35(mine), and ?36or37?(Mark's) are welded to the frame. Though i've posted that the Dexter dealers/service centers in my area stated it wouldn't be much of a bother to bolt on a new Dexter axle directly under the existing Dexter cross tube and get clearance that way. All Chandler really needs to do at this point to get ours fixed and have clearance is to drop ship/pay for a new Dexter axle and pay for installation. Problem and complaints go away!

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner