Parkliner Tire Rub issues? - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #57

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Would be a nice courtesy if we could give the manufacturer a chance to solve the issue before we all start asking for trailer specs and wildly speculating on the cause of the problem.
That would leave one or two posts a day.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #58

Name: Mark
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
Mark, Looks to me like there just isn't enough clearance to the right of the tire. Mine seems to have more clearance there, if I could get a decent picture I would take one but I'll probably have to wait until I get it out of the barn.
It is a difficult area to get a good picture of because of the angle and shadows. I can't really tell, but looking at your picture of the PL on this site it appears mine curves slightly inward at the bottom and yours does not?

Old 04-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #59

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
just some ramblin' thoughts as i pass this way...

Francesca, On measuring the wheel well? I could not even begin to give any numbers that would make sense. It curves inward and nothing i shared would help any one ponder what is going on.

Egg-Family... my apologies if anything i have said has offended or come off as wanting to stir-up-trouble (and i'll even include Mark and hopefully not put words in his mouth)... In no way is anything in this post/thread intended to suggest Chandler or Parkliner crew inability to rise to the challenge and solve this. I think the beauty of this forum is that many heads can get together and brainstorm, which i believe is happening (elephant trunk included . Chandler has not seen this arise yet, so maybe someone's Ah-Ha moment could point to a solution.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #60

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
just some ramblin' thoughts as i pass this way...

Francesca, On measuring the wheel well? I could not even begin to give any numbers that would make sense. It curves inward and nothing i shared would help any one ponder what is going on.

Egg-Family... my apologies if anything i have said has offended or come off as wanting to stir-up-trouble (and i'll even include Mark and hopefully not put words in his mouth)... In no way is anything in this post/thread intended to suggest Chandler or Parkliner crew inability to rise to the challenge and solve this. I think the beauty of this forum is that many heads can get together and brainstorm, which i believe is happening (elephant trunk included . Chandler has not seen this arise yet, so maybe someone's Ah-Ha moment could point to a solution.

Thom
I agree. I haven't ever stated (or even thought) that Parkliner isn't willing or able to resolve this problem. I did have concerns about getting their attention, but that has been resolved and they are now involved. After meeting Chandler, I'm 100% convinced a solution will be found.

That said, this forum has many folks with experience, knowledge, and abilities...a solution just might come from here too. At worst, I gained the emails that got me in contact with Parkliner, alerted others (like Thom) to the issue, and I've learned some things about axles. All good.

I would still steer someone towards Parkliner in a heartbeat!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #61

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Registry
I seem to have arrived late to the banquet. I just grabbed a flashlight and went out and checked ParkLiner #34. With ~920 miles on the unit, it seems that I, too have the same problem. Seems somewhat worse on the street side where the white gel coat is completely worn through exposing the pink substrate below. I just emailed Chandler and Cameron to advise that I am experiencing the same problem described by others. Will keep you advised as to the response. Hopefully, ParkLiner will come up with a satisfactory resolution to this situation. We are otherwise thrilled with our PL and want to see this enterprise succeed.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #62

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
That would leave one or two posts a day.
Yup it would and hardly as much fun
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #63

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Mark & Brian... thanks for sharing some PL Luv. I wish it weren't so, but i guess we are in good company. This is actually sort of a positive, because surely this is something that has Chandler's full attention with three of us reporting the same situation.

I'm thinking something along the lines of either a tire-size swap or a tweak/adjustment to the angle on the Dexter axle.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #64

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham1 View Post
...I would still steer someone towards Parkliner in a heartbeat!
TOTALLY.
In fact i asked Cameron to send more brochures my way since we went through those he sent already.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #65

Alabama
Quote:
Mark & Brian... thanks for sharing some PL Luv. I wish it weren't so, but i guess we are in good company. This is actually sort of a positive, because surely this is something that has Chandler's full attention with three of us reporting the same situation.

I'm thinking something along the lines of either a tire-size swap or a tweak/adjustment to the angle on the Dexter axle.
Do you know how the axle is attached? Welded or bolted?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #66

Alabama
Quote:
TOTALLY.
In fact i asked Cameron to send more brochures my way since we went through those he sent already.
On the trip back from Gibsonville I had a woman at a gas station ask me about it, and when it was parked out in front of my house that first day a neighbor came out to take a look. I was giving the neighbor a walk-through and felt like I was making a sales pitch since I was talking about all the good points on the trailer! Funny.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #67

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham1 View Post
Do you know how the axle is attached? Welded or bolted?
Just checked... it is welded in 10 points and looks a part of the frame/trailer. nicely done...but not coming out easy!

I wonder how they adjust them? Pull out the guts? Replace? just random ponderings that don't mean a thing either way It'll get done. I'll do some reading just for fun before watching some SciFi with Cari.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #68

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
I seem to have arrived late to the banquet. I just grabbed a flashlight and went out and checked ParkLiner #34. With ~920 miles on the unit, it seems that I, too have the same problem. Seems somewhat worse on the street side where the white gel coat is completely worn through exposing the pink substrate below. I just emailed Chandler and Cameron to advise that I am experiencing the same problem described by others. Will keep you advised as to the response. Hopefully, ParkLiner will come up with a satisfactory resolution to this situation. We are otherwise thrilled with our PL and want to see this enterprise succeed.
I think this is helpful...#34, #35 and mine (which sorry, I don't know which number I am!). Maybe it will help PL track it back to something that changed in their production of the units. Even outside of the solution they will surely come to, I am also quite certain they will want to know the initial start/source of the problem so they can ensure all impacted units are fixed.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #69

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Mark, Cameron will know your hull number.
As an FYI, mine was finished late in the day on Tuesday April 9th as #35
Old 04-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #70

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Registry
Hull # 34 was finished on the morning of April 3.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner