ParkLiner. Upgrading to a 15' from a 16'? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2014, 04:07 PM   #1

Name: Tab
Trailer: ParkLiner
Tennessee
ParkLiner. Upgrading to a 15' from a 16'?

Hi! For the past year or so I've thought of buying a 19' AS. However, over the past several months I've really started to appreciate the benefits of FG Trailers. Particular the Egg style. Hale damage, dings and apparently floor rot are common on metal trailers. Anyway camping with my wife and 10 year old is a bit cramped in the 16' scamp. So I was considering a 17' Casita. That was until this weekend I discovered a 15' ParkLiner. I was amazed at how much more roomier the PL felt than my Scamp and the larger Casita!
Can anyone educate me on the PL? The BBB had a total of 5 closed complaints. They seemed to be really well made and thought out. I just can't seem to get over downsizing to a 15' when I was looking at a 19'? Am I blinded by the shiny white glow of the new fiberglass or something? Is the PL the perfect small trailer? Any details, info etc is welcome! Thanks!
Roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:37 PM   #2

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I love my ParkLiner and consider it spacious...but it is just me lol...The company is working the bugs out of them ( enlarging the wheel well's and moving the batteries forward) and it is a newer company. Haven't heard much recent complaints on potential new customers not getting called or emailed back... they need to get over that hump lol and they will probably do well. I like the layout a lot. Permanent queen bed or large dinette which i redid to be a couch during the day pullout to queen sized bed at night, side dinette and bathroom and galley. Honestly it is perfect for a couple.... I couldn't imagine 4 people stuck in their on a rainy day...but to each their own!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:53 PM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
A small but efficient layout can trump a larger but less practical layout. If the Parkliner floor plan has what you like and need for storage, sleeping space, etc, then there's no reason why you have to go larger.

Part of the perception one gets of a space being large or small depends on things like how much cabinetry is located on either side of the aisle and where it is placed, the width of the aisle itself, the size and placement of windows, and so on.

The company has ticked some people off, but at the same time there are some happy PL owners. I'd say: do your homework and draw your own conclusions.

By the way, Escape Trailers in British Columbia makes molded fiberglass trailers in 19' and 21' lengths. They may not be glitzy in the same way as Airstream, but I believe most of us around FGRV think that Escape is head and shoulders above the AS.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #4

Tennessee
Thanks for the replies! I guess its safer to go with a company with years of history rather than a newer start up. However I was impressed with the openness of the PL. Also the overall build quality seems superior to some other brands but may actually be considered a super adequacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #5

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
What is an AS? Should I be ashamed I don't know?

My 11 yr old daughter, dog, and I are enjoying out Scamp 16 but honestly I can't imagine sharing it with another adult that I want to "bunk" with. For that something with a Queen size bed seems to be called for. I like almost everything about the Snoozy except the wheels being set outside the body, a deal killer for me. The Parkliner has what I want, and is being built a reasonable distance from me (unlike Escape). I am pulling for Parkliner to continue to improve customer service and to hit their stride building trailers.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie1 View Post
I guess its safer to go with a company with years of history rather than a newer start up.
Hummm, at this point I don't consider Parkliner a "new start up." Yeah Scamp folks and Casita folks will whine. I purchased a new 5.0 model from Escape... the tenth off the line for a new model. It's NOT about how long a manufacturer has been aound... it's about CUSTOMER service. YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #7

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf
What is an AS? Should I be ashamed I don't know?
I'm assuming "AS" = Airstream
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:38 PM   #8

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Well I just picked up my Parkliner last Saturday, I can't tell you how much I love it. All went well for me. I took it to a fiberglass rally this weekend, people were very impressed. There were 6 people in there at one time and no one felt crowded. I think that the company is trying very hard to improve customer service. People who looked at the Parkliner this weekend seemed so impressed with the quality and design of the product. For some reason there are a number of non Parkliner owners who continually run down the company, I'm not sure why since they have never had any contact with them. I have had a number of people private message me how much they love their park liners. I am not suggesting that there aren't things that could use some work, I'm just suggesting that you find out for yourself. One thing is for certain, I'm sure glad that I decided to go with this company.
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:29 PM   #9
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
As the proud owner of a 2014 Parkliner I am happy to report that after our inurgarual summer of almost 5000 miles camping it has preformed flawlessly!
I too hope Parkliner works out their corporate kinks because it seems that they have successfully gotten them out of the product. I can say that I have not had a single email or call go unanswered by Tom Bass so I guess improvements are being made.
Each time we take it out we find something new to love about the design and are also surprised at how many people stop by for a look.
To each his or her own. Find something you like, buy it, love it, and start making memories!
Sid
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:05 AM   #10

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Roadie1... AS is now owned by Thor. I believe Pillsbury used to... So is just about every other stick built TT& Moho!!! After borrowing a friends new Hurricane by Thor Moho and having to fix it before leaving I wasn't impressed. My bro just bought a new Georgetown V10 Moho... YIKES.
That's why I own an Escape 5.0TA.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:46 AM   #11

Tennessee
Thanks for the info folks! It's a great help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2014, 09:12 AM   #12

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
The reason is in the archives and the locked threads are still there. The same business owner is still there today as back when they were posted. Happy trailer shopping.

"For some reason there are a number of non Parkliner owners who continually run down the company, I'm not sure why since they have never had any contact with them."
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #13

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
The reason is in the archives and the locked threads are still there. The same business owner is still there today as back when they were posted. Happy trailer shopping.

"For some reason there are a number of non Parkliner owners who continually run down the company, I'm not sure why since they have never had any contact with them."
or it could be that there are other Parkliner owners who have posted about not having had the same great customer service as some others are reporting here and those events have taken place as recently as a couple of weeks ago
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:06 PM   #14

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Hi Tab. As an owner with a history of two 13' Scamps (different floor plans), and going from 2 adults & 2 children, to just the two of us using a trailer for 3-4 months at a time, we now own a Lil Snoozy. If we had grandchildren or a child that would like to bring a friend along on your camping adventures, I would look seriously at a Parkliner with the bunk option, as I consider this trailer the "Swiss Army Knife" of trailers because of the various ways one can set-up the bunks, tables, couch and beds with so many variations to choose from. The Lil Snoozy only would sleep 3, and fits our extended travel needs better with it's totally different floor plan from any other trailer builders currently in business.
The Parkliner appears to be a great product, and I would not worry about purchasing from this new company, as all appliances are from known manufacturers just as any trailer company uses.
Good Luck with your shopping, and Happy Trails.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:40 PM   #15

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Having had the opportunity to check out both the Escape 5.0 and PL at the Algonac rally all I can say is both seem like very nice FG campers. Thought went into the design of each to provide a good functional camper.

Having seen both newer and well established companies have quality or customer service issues I think you have to follow your instincts based on your own interactions with them. If YOU are comfortable with the experience, communication and responsiveness is more important than what someone else has experienced.

I will say for a 15 ft. trailer the PL has a lot of flexibility and storage in a very open and roomy feeling space. The 5th wheel Escape being a different platform is not apples to apples but again the storage and open layout appears to have been well thought out and implemented.

I could see spending a rainy weekend with a couple of kids in either one as a totally "survivable" and even possibly pleasant experience. Or for an adult or two a totally pleasant environment to be lazy while watching the rain come down.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:07 PM   #16

Name: John
Trailer: Parkliner
Kentucky
I've also purchased a Parkliner this year and am just back from a week's trip in NC. Each time I'm out I like it more and think this is the best egg on the market for a variety of reasons not the least of which is the interior space. I can highly recommend it.
Justabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:52 PM   #17

Tennessee
Thanks again for the reply's!

Tags
parkliner