ParkLiner waste water leak - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-25-2014, 10:07 AM   #15

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Here is the answer but you may not like the price. Pipe Parana | The Parana Fish Tail I have used a forstner bits to clean old pipe out of old PVC fittings. Maybe you build a rig with a hole saw with a guide to cut the old fitting off. Looks like you may have enough pipe above the floor now to attach a rubber coupler. If you have the electric commode make sure the power to it is shut off or you could have a mess with the hose disconnected.
Eddie

Old 10-25-2014, 10:15 AM   #16

Name: lee and katie
Trailer: Parkliner
Florida and Virginia
Frank,

My waste tank which is black ABS had a leak at the 3" outlet where it joins the tank. It also had a hole drilled through it at the rear flat flange area. This was right out of the factory.

Per the factory, I sealed the flange and piping with ABS black heavy duty glue, two coats, and no further leaks from the flange. It is my understanding that the glue melts the adjacent parts and welds them together. I guessed not enough glue was used during assembly.

The hole in the flat flange area was probably done at the tank manufacturer to mark the center of both flat flange areas on the tank. The person doing it must have gotten a bit carried away with either a scratch awl or a drill. I repaired it by inserting a ss screw with a fender washer with a neoprene gasket bedded in ABS glue and over coated it with more glue.

No leaks so far.

The 2-5th wheels and the sob we have had also had lots of problems. Improperly installed storage doors, windows, bad converters, loose trim, and maybe mfg errors that lead to delamination. Every builder makes mistakes. My delam problem cost us over $8,000 in reduced trade value. Some are easy and cheap to fix, others costly.

Sorry you are having so many problems.

Lee

Old 10-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #17

Trailer: Burro&Bambi
My question is, are ABS and PVC normally considered to be compatible to be glued to each other ??
Old 10-25-2014, 05:47 PM   #18

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane D. View Post
My question is, are ABS and PVC normally considered to be compatible to be glued to each other ??
NO PVC and ABS are not the same material They use different glue / solvents to join the pipe to pipe fittings Most plumbing codes do not allow the mixing of ABS and PVC in plumbing systems . They do make specific code approved fittings for connecting ABS and PVC but their use is limited by code
Old 10-25-2014, 08:17 PM   #19

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Frank I know you don't like the choices, but I would say remove the tank, a new black water tank is about a $100 and just replace it, use the right parts and you know it will be good for years to come.

I know you are having issues but once you get them resolved you will know your ParkLiner so well you can fix anything that arises. Or sell it come spring time... but its always a toss up buying used... and even new. Yeah I wish I had the money for a new Escape 5th wheeler too...but that is gonna be a number of years down the road for me lol.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:11 PM   #20

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
So Lee, you have a ParkLiner & had this same problem?

This ABS black glue sounds interesting & might be an inexpensive alternative, I need to look into this more. Do you remember the specific brand of glue you used?

Figure the tank brand & model number are on the top of the tank where it can't be seen?

Thanks for the help!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:53 PM   #21

New York
Okay now, got back from the in-law thing, took a nap, and got at it. Got the tank out with not much problem, just not simple to do.

When I get it back in, it will be done so it is easy to replace if necessary again. Let's hope not!

Drained the little that was still in it in the swamp out back, filled with water, sloshed it around real good and drained in the swamp. I'll let it dry before starting work on it. Got plenty of time to do it, but want to get it done. You can see it's "L" shaped, about 43" long on the front side, 32" or 33" on the back side, indents about 8", then about 9-1/2" to the right side, and about 21" wide on the left side. About 6-1/2" deep at the right side and about 8-1/2" deep at the left side.

I'd love to get one of those Pipe Piranha things Eddie mentioned, but it's about 10X out of my price range! I'll have to look at these forstner bits, as I'm not familiar with them. I have a shop full of tools of every description, but no doubt will need something I don't have. I have a few ideas about how to do what I need to do, but think Eddie's idea about a rubber coupler is right on.

I'll keep ya all posted as I get at it. Rebuilding a Honda ATV motor right now too, so just busy!

Thanks for all the help folks.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-26-2014, 08:08 PM   #22

Name: Eric and Sharon
Trailer: Burro
Ohio
Registry
There is a trick to removing the glued plastic pipes without a saw...it involves a propane torch for sweating copper fittings. I saw it on you tube worth a try?
Old 10-26-2014, 09:12 PM   #23

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
There is a trick to removing the glued plastic pipes without a saw...it involves a propane torch for sweating copper fittings. I saw it on you tube worth a try?
Sounds interesting Eric. Got a YouTube link to share?

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-26-2014, 09:43 PM   #24

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
I'd try using a heat gun.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:28 AM   #25

New York
Thanks Daniel, I will give that a try.

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel A. View Post
I'd try using a heat gun.
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-27-2014, 08:00 PM   #26

Name: Eric and Sharon
Trailer: Burro
Ohio
Registry
Ill try and find it again. It was a info vid on how to remove a pvc glued pipe so that its not destroyed so it can be reused. basicly the technique was to evenly soften the joint with heat and wiggle it free.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:41 AM   #27

New York
Thanks Eric! I hope you can find it again.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-29-2014, 07:11 AM   #28

New York
I could not find a manufacturers name on the tank, but found a bunch of numbers. I've tried about everything I can think of (with the help of google) to find one of these L shaped flat tanks with no luck. Anybody have any idea where I might find one (other than the folks at ParkLiner who aren't talking to me) if I need it?

Thanks,

Frank

2012 ParkLiner #006

Tags
parkliner