Parkliner Water Leak - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2018, 02:54 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: 2016 Parkliner
Virginia
Parkliner Water Leak

After 5 days camping this morning water started to drip at the back left of my Parkiner. The fresh water tank drain pipe is fine. But to the right of it about a foot is an opening that is dripping water.

Everything inside I can see or touch is bone dry. I'm not sure what this opening could be for. It's not the air conditioner condensation, as the A/C has not been run since last summer. And all that's on the front end of the camper.

The water heater? The black tank? Is there an overflow path or valve for any water source of some kind?

My bet is the fresh water line across that area has developed a leak. And i can't easily get to it right now.

Any ideas of where to start?
Old 06-07-2018, 03:07 PM   #2
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
If I am visualizing your description correctly I believe you will find that your water pump is located there. Check the band clamp on its exit port. I had a slight leak and found this clamp over time had loosened enough that under pressure a slight leak could occur. Less than a quarter turn of a screwdriver and it’s been dry ever since.
Sid
Btw, everything else seems to be PEX connectors. Anyone know of others I should include in my regular maintenance check?
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 05:52 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 2016 Parkliner
Virginia
You are THE man! Thanks a bunch! Worked just as you said. And that means.. "happy wife happy life." Again, thanks.
iamjiwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:11 PM   #4
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Happy to assist!
Enjoy!
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 09:23 AM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Drips

Seems I have a drip back there too; and one under the left front corner.
That one seems to be under the shower drain pump.
The one at the back was dripping off the fiberglass body.
Both just very slow.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:17 PM   #6

Name: George
Trailer: 85 Uhaul CT 13
North Carolina
Wayne, there is also a drain line that runs out of the rear left side. Make sure the valve is completely shut. As for the front we once had soapy water running outside from the same area; found that the caulking around the toilet had come loose and water was running through the opening under the toilet.
George Lauver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:36 PM   #7

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
I'm pleased to hear you don't need my two cents. For others, it would have been to get food coloring and dye every possible leak source a different color. Then go enjoy a beer and wait. If necessary, have a second beer. ��

If married, say "Honey I am still working' on it."
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:02 PM   #8

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 72 View Post
I'm pleased to hear you don't need my two cents. For others, it would have been to get food coloring and dye every possible leak source a different color. Then go enjoy a beer and wait. If necessary, have a second beer. ��

If married, say "Honey I am still working' on it."
Tom is almost right....

Leaks can be VERY hard to diagnose. Water can travel from one end of the camper to the other under the right circumstances, especially if it is from the roof. And the water can travel slow, so it might take a very long time for it to come out somewhere it can be detected (often where the floor meets the body or walls).

I'm glad that yours was an easy one to find.

But in many cases Tom's estimate of two beers is on the low side. At least that has been my experience.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:40 PM   #9

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lauver View Post
Wayne, there is also a drain line that runs out of the rear left side. Make sure the valve is completely shut. As for the front we once had soapy water running outside from the same area; found that the caulking around the toilet had come loose and water was running through the opening under the toilet.
Yes, the tank drain is obvious. The drips I get are off the fiberglass body ahead of there, just at the back of the wheel well. I'll have the check later when it's not raining. /wc
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner