Vermont
"it's like Deja-Vu, all over again." Yogi Berra

Old 08-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #72

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II
Mississippi
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Come on Parkliner, do what's right. You NEED to fix this...
ParkLiner should do the right thing as Oliver did when they discovered an issue in ALL the original 2007-2008 17 footers sold with a 3500 pound Axle. Even though at that time they had suspended their trailer production, they recalled every unit, replaced the axles with 5200 pound ratings and outfitted everyone with 3 new upgraded 15" wheels and tires. The new wheels were 6 bolt pattern to accommodate the larger brakes that were on the larger axles. I'm sure this this was expensive for Oliver and fixing the tire rubbing issues with Parkliner would be too, but ParkLiner should man up and do whatever it takes to make their existing units safe and problem free and most of all, their customers HAPPY. THEN they can work on the solution to keep future units from having the same problems.

Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:57 PM   #73

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
I have seen other companies skimp on what they would do for their customers, and quite often their motivation was a tight cash flow. Just a possibility.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #74

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
I have seen other companies skimp on what they would do for their customers, and quite often their motivation was a tight cash flow. Just a possibility.
I have a suspicion that this is part of it. I can understand it if your trying to keep your head above water so the company stay afloat that pulling your guys off of production to make warranty repairs. But they need to be honest with the customer and tell them... We will make the repairs but can't afford to hold up incoming business which pays the salaries and rent...fall and winter is probably a slower time of the year for them then spring/summer.

If they were up front and honest about it...put it in writing before Frank put money out of his wallet for a condo for a week...that fell through, then drive down there 700 some miles, fly back home...then a week later fly back down pick it up find out on his own they didn't make the repairs...nor the rest of the upgrades they promised...find out they broke the lock on his bathroom door and didn't fix it. That is shitty. Communication is key...no one likes feeling like they are being left in the dark.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #75

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Parkliner's business model is flawed. They need to read Les Schwab's Book "Les Schwab, Pride in Performance: Keep it going"

Les Schwab build a tire retail empire in the North West with outstanding customer service. He understood that make the customers happy would keep them coming back and their friends and relatives would become customers too. Poor customer service is a sure way to kill a company.

Parkliner seems to deserve all the negative publicity along with the F rating from BBB.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #76

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
Parkliner seems to deserve all the negative publicity along with the F rating from BBB.
I bet there are at least 50 Parkliner owners that would disagree.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:03 PM   #77

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
I bet there are at least 50 Parkliner owners that would disagree.

I believe it was PT Barnum that had a pretty famous quote that seems to fit.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:06 PM   #78

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
If you happened to have been following the situation with Market Basket stores the ousted CEO was noted for saying "We are not in the grocery business we are in the customer service business." The employee and customer loyalty from that attitude really pays in the long run.

The thing I don't understand is if smaller tires & battery move were all that was being done why would anyone be expected to drive 700 miles to get the work done? That could have been done locally with less hassle and probably not much greater expense for the company???

I don't think the people that like their PL are doing so because they are getting the wool pulled over their eyes. Even Frank says he likes the camper but that in his experiences the company is falling short in customer service & communication dept.

The company will work things out or not, improve in the areas that need it, or not. There have been a lot of conflicting posts about customer experience with multiple companies. Some reported that "their" company were great folks to do business with others saying the same company was awful.

You purchase something from a small company you avoid the overseas call center and bureaucracy but there may be some trade offs, if the small company is a start up then you should assume you are taking even more risk.

I once called Scamp to order some parts and was told the parts guy was on vacation, not going to happen with General Trailer company. On the other hand when in a later call I explained I really needed some information to order the parts I ended up talking to the owner who looked up rivet sizes for a 35 year old trailer. Doubt rivets are a high profit item. So do I slam them for making me wait? Or applaud them for being helpful? It is what it is and if it bugged me enough I could sell the Scamp, I like the thing so I don't and accept that I made that choice.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:36 PM   #79

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
I don't have a ParkLiner, but a Scamp. Is Scamp a GREAT unit? No, but it's good enough to take camping. Everything works, it tows nicely, and there no design flaws that concern me enough not to use it. Would I buy another? No. Because it is cheaply made, shortcuts were taken, and not enough thought given to the layout. So far, have not had need for Scamp service, I can get that locally. Next trailer that might be in my future would be a used 15' Escape B if one becomes available. I think their customer service is A+. That could be because they use their own products and see first hand what works and what doesn't. If the Escape is elusive, i could be tempted with a new T@B CS-S. But, ParkLiner is nowhere on my list because of the spotty customer service they provide. I don't want to be left out in the cold because they are short handed, not enough money to cover the repair, or too busy. Good news travels fast, but bad news travels twice as fast.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:10 PM   #80

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
...fixing the tire rubbing issues...ParkLiner should man up and do whatever it takes to make their existing units safe and problem free and most of all, their customers HAPPY.
For whatever it is worth... and of course your millage may vary... The wheel well fix for our Parkliner #35 (via Tom's blueprints and paid for by PL) was just a bit over $1200 done by a professional marine repair and boat yard in my town on the Oregon Coast. As i've said elsewhere, the job was absolutely perfect! We just got back from another ~500 mile trip and about 60 of that was off road/forestry trails...not a rub in sight.

THAT SAID... i know that Cari and i will probably have a pro-upfitter lift the trailer. It soooo cries out for a lift when you see it on some forestry road pulled by our lifted AWD van. That and a bit of Rhino-Lining to match if it can be done.

Cheers,
Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:16 AM   #81

Name: unsubscribed
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
I have a question pertaining to warranty. What IS the warranty on the ParkLiner and what is the warranty on the Escape? Is the warranty on either transferable to the next owner? Is Frank the orginal owner of this ParkLiner? I see it is #006 and I don't have a clue as to when this one was built, but I bet it was a few years ago.
I agree with the previous comment that the company should have recalled all of those that had problems and made it right. Really that is a no brainer, but for how long should ParkLiner or any company be held responsible for a problem years down the road. Even in this day an age with automobiles you have to pull teeth to get a recall or a fix of some sort. Look at Subaru right now with their problem with oil consumption, have they recalled any? No, not one, that's why there is a class action attorney involved at this time. Another thing, IF Frank was not the original owner, maybe, I said MAYBE the previous owner knew about this and it was not brought to the attention of Frank at the point of sell. I don't know and I am not sticking up for anyone and I still hope it gets resolved.
Lastly, why in the world does ParkLiner just sit there reading our comments and not say anything? Liable? THis is the perfect site to start customer relations all over again. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:38 AM   #82

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Wink Bbb

I notice that Trillium, Scamp, Bigfoot, Eggcamper, Lil Snoozy, Weiss Craft, Oliver nor Casita have BBB listings.

The only mfr that does (besides Parkliner) is Dub Box in Oregon City.

Here are the REASONS for Parkliner's poor rating:

Failure to respond to 2 complaints filed against business.
BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business. BBB made two or more requests for background information from the business. BBB has not received a response from this business and/or has not been able to verify information received from this business.
- See more at: ParkLiner, Inc Business Review in Gibsonville, NC - Central North Carolina BBB

BTW: I am getting no connection to Lil Snoozy website.

If you think you have troubles you should hear some of the stick-built RV experiences.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:18 AM   #83

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF View Post
I have a question pertaining to warranty. What IS the warranty on the ParkLiner and what is the warranty on the Escape? Is the warranty on either transferable to the next owner? Is Frank the orginal owner of this ParkLiner? I see it is #006 and I don't have a clue as to when this one was built, but I bet it was a few years ago.
I agree with the previous comment that the company should have recalled all of those that had problems and made it right. Really that is a no brainer, but for how long should ParkLiner or any company be held responsible for a problem years down the road. Even in this day an age with automobiles you have to pull teeth to get a recall or a fix of some sort. Look at Subaru right now with their problem with oil consumption, have they recalled any? No, not one, that's why there is a class action attorney involved at this time. Another thing, IF Frank was not the original owner, maybe, I said MAYBE the previous owner knew about this and it was not brought to the attention of Frank at the point of sell. I don't know and I am not sticking up for anyone and I still hope it gets resolved.
Lastly, why in the world does ParkLiner just sit there reading our comments and not say anything? Liable? THis is the perfect site to start customer relations all over again. Just my 2 cents.
Linda, I was told ParkLiner's warrant is 2 years.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:23 AM   #84

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
This is my tire clearance with the trailer sitting normal. Just so everyone has a reference!

2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner, tires