ParkLiner wheel wells & tires - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2014, 12:16 AM   #81

Name: unsubscribed
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
I have a question pertaining to warranty. What IS the warranty on the ParkLiner and what is the warranty on the Escape? Is the warranty on either transferable to the next owner? Is Frank the orginal owner of this ParkLiner? I see it is #006 and I don't have a clue as to when this one was built, but I bet it was a few years ago.
I agree with the previous comment that the company should have recalled all of those that had problems and made it right. Really that is a no brainer, but for how long should ParkLiner or any company be held responsible for a problem years down the road. Even in this day an age with automobiles you have to pull teeth to get a recall or a fix of some sort. Look at Subaru right now with their problem with oil consumption, have they recalled any? No, not one, that's why there is a class action attorney involved at this time. Another thing, IF Frank was not the original owner, maybe, I said MAYBE the previous owner knew about this and it was not brought to the attention of Frank at the point of sell. I don't know and I am not sticking up for anyone and I still hope it gets resolved.
Lastly, why in the world does ParkLiner just sit there reading our comments and not say anything? Liable? THis is the perfect site to start customer relations all over again. Just my 2 cents.
LindaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:38 AM   #82

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Wink Bbb

I notice that Trillium, Scamp, Bigfoot, Eggcamper, Lil Snoozy, Weiss Craft, Oliver nor Casita have BBB listings.

The only mfr that does (besides Parkliner) is Dub Box in Oregon City.

Here are the REASONS for Parkliner's poor rating:

Failure to respond to 2 complaints filed against business.
BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business. BBB made two or more requests for background information from the business. BBB has not received a response from this business and/or has not been able to verify information received from this business.
- See more at: ParkLiner, Inc Business Review in Gibsonville, NC - Central North Carolina BBB

BTW: I am getting no connection to Lil Snoozy website.

If you think you have troubles you should hear some of the stick-built RV experiences.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:18 AM   #83

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF View Post
I have a question pertaining to warranty. What IS the warranty on the ParkLiner and what is the warranty on the Escape? Is the warranty on either transferable to the next owner? Is Frank the orginal owner of this ParkLiner? I see it is #006 and I don't have a clue as to when this one was built, but I bet it was a few years ago.
I agree with the previous comment that the company should have recalled all of those that had problems and made it right. Really that is a no brainer, but for how long should ParkLiner or any company be held responsible for a problem years down the road. Even in this day an age with automobiles you have to pull teeth to get a recall or a fix of some sort. Look at Subaru right now with their problem with oil consumption, have they recalled any? No, not one, that's why there is a class action attorney involved at this time. Another thing, IF Frank was not the original owner, maybe, I said MAYBE the previous owner knew about this and it was not brought to the attention of Frank at the point of sell. I don't know and I am not sticking up for anyone and I still hope it gets resolved.
Lastly, why in the world does ParkLiner just sit there reading our comments and not say anything? Liable? THis is the perfect site to start customer relations all over again. Just my 2 cents.
Linda, I was told ParkLiner's warrant is 2 years.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:23 AM   #84

New York
This is my tire clearance with the trailer sitting normal. Just so everyone has a reference!

2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-23-2014, 07:35 AM   #85

Name: Robert
North Carolina
LindaH, FYI ParkLiner has only been in business about 3 years so the trailer number indicates it was probably built within the first year of production. Currently, they produce one unit a week if all goes according to plan, all outside vendor items are in stock/available, nobody is on vacation, etc. It is, as I have posted before, a small company and selling every unit they build due to being ordered to customer's specs. There have been some improvements implemented by Tom Bass/others that will tighten the production and cost parameters and hopefully allow PL to catch their breath so to speak. The ParkLiner design concept was born out of Chandler's own frustration with competitors products and I am certain he has had his eyes opened a bit by assuming the role of a producer. Every vendor that has equipment/components integrated in the ParkLiner has specific requirements for the installation/use of their product and probably don't care if there are any other possible conflicts with another vendor's product. Just sayin'...
rdcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #86

Oregon
Thank you, Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Linda, I was told ParkLiner's warrant is 2 years.

Frank
btw, are you the original owner?
Old 08-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #87

New York
Quote:
btw, are you the original owner?
No.
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-23-2014, 09:11 AM   #88

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
I have a question pertaining to warranty. What IS the warranty on the ParkLiner and what is the warranty on the Escape? Is the warranty on either transferable to the next owner?

Both are 2 years but my understanding is that Parkliner do not/did not have an owners manual or warranty info in writing (don't know if thats still the case or not). You can read Escape's full warranty and manual at Escapetrailer.com Manual PDF.

As far as your question as to how long the manufacture can be held liable for problems - it all depends on the problem. If its a major safety issue that they are/were well aware of which they created during their build process and they made no effort to correct and someone is hurt or killed by it whether it be tomorrow or years from now the odds are the courts would find them liable.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:53 PM   #89

New York
BTW, I have new wheels, tires professionally balanced and all!

2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #90

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
So Frank, you took off the (smaller) tires/rims that Parkliner put on and put on a set with less clearance?
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #91

Oregon
Thanks for the great photo, Frank! That gives us a better idea of what your talking about. Those other tires must have really been tight!
BTW…we still love the looks of this camper! I've mentioned in the past that we were to the point of just walking away from considering this camper, but it so difficult to do so with everything else that it has going for it.
I would love to see a photo just like Frank's of a newer one with the different axle. Is that doable?
also
I believe it was Thom that wanted to lift his camper, if that is ever done we would love to see a photo of it!
Thanks again Frank.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:18 PM   #92

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
So Frank, you took off the (smaller) tires/rims that Parkliner put on and put on a set with less clearance?
No Tim, that would not have been a very good idea. I simply took the radials ParkLiner put on & swapped them over to new aluminum wheels.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #93

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Frank, as an FYI, here is a closeup of our tire clearance w/the 185's. Front/back is the same. No rub issues whatsoever as i mentioned. And now that i'm back home i will send off an email to the boatyard to see if they kept the data from Tom B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
...If you think you have troubles you should hear some of the stick-built RV experiences.
I second that remark!! Cari and i, as some of you know, full time in a 38 foot Mobile Suite. DRV-Mobile Suites are arguably one of the finest built rigs for full time live-aboard use. THAT SAID... i would not have wanted to been the original owners who paid over $125K for our unit as i also saw the in-for-warranty work/repair(s) paperwork they included when we purchased it from them nearly three years ago when they moved into a Motorhome.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner, tires