Part / equivalent summary UHaul tailers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #1

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Part / equivalent summary UHaul tailers

I posted this last week but it was probably not seen as the pdf attachment does not show up on the ipad app. So I will post as a pdf and text file. I will also send it as aan excel file to be marked up if any one wants to add comments. I think it could be useful. I only vouch for the applicabioity on the VT model and have added my initials to indicate. Bob has commented on weatherstrip and windows and I will incorporate that info together with any other comments.
Michael J
Attached Files
File Type: txt Uhaul partstab.txt (7.0 KB, 42 views)
File Type: pdf Uhaul parts Parts.pdf (52.5 KB, 59 views)
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Mike, nice summary. I wonder if you can put it in the document center.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #3

Indiana
Registry
I need comments from CT owners and I have to add Bob' s window comments then OK. It is a work in progress.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Add a note on the door hinges, there is something in the service manual about a change and how to adjust for the different hole spacing. I ordered the last of those new ones that showed up on eBay, they have been delivered to our home address, but we won't be back there for another month for me to compare them with what is on our trailer. I also found in the service manual some updates that Uhaul locations were supposed to perform on the earlier built trailers, one of those being to the propane piping. Ours did not have those updates done. Having worked for another nationwide truck rental / leasing company I can understand how that can happen. Uhaul owners have to verify what parts they have because of changes during manufacture, company updates, and previous owner modifications. Thanks for your effort on this project Mike.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #5

Indiana
Registry
i have incorporated Tom and Bob's comments into the spreadsheet. I will wait another week and if no more comments will submit to the document center with all disclaimers. Also i have a hard copy printout of Roy Horners website. I don't know if it is still available but it also contains info on alternate and source parts. If not available I can scan and submit. Finally I have a dimensional sketch provided by Matt that I used to successfully fabricate a new Table for our VT. will make that available too with the proper credit.
Michael j.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Mike, thanks so much for doing this.

One thing we might add is the side window source recently posted here:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...3-a-56179.html

I believe the source is Vintage Trailer Supplies.
eBay Store:
items in Frank Bears Rv and Teardrop Trailer Parts Tear Drop Trailer store on eBay!

Brick and Mortar Store:
Teardrop Trailer Parts

Confirmed with Robert (Higginra) that this is his source.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #7

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Thank you Mike for working on this. Your efforts are so appreciated.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uhaul