Patching the white stuff on the inside - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2008, 04:49 PM   #1

Trailer: 2000 24 ft Shasta Ultra Flite
I brought home my first Boler today and its seems to be in good shape inside except for some small pieces of the foam covered in some kind of plastic? is there some way of patching these spots?
Rick kl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 81 Perris Pacer / 72 Jeep CJ
Hey Rick, I just joined last week and I'm happy to say, I may have the answer for you! Or at least it sounds like the same issue I had and here's the short cut to the info others here kindly sent to me. Welcome! Eve
PS, I am still learning this board, so if you don't find the link, let me know & I'll try another way. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=31731
Oh, & just to let you know, it appears to be kinda a tradition here to share your new "egg" and post a picture of 2.
Eve V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:41 PM   #3

Trailer: 2000 24 ft Shasta Ultra Flite
Thanks Eve I will try to find that product "Popcorn Ceiling Patch" and as far as posting pictures I will have to learn how to resize them first.

"I guess I will get cracking on my egg" I'll bet that gets used a lot
Rick kl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:47 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Rick, Congrats! Hey no getting out of posting pic's ( we're visual, we gotta see it) as far as resizing pic's. Most of the time I haven't had a problem on this forum but other forums I belong to I have, the simplest way I know is to resize in your Paint program if you have a pc.

Here's a little info I passed along for someone else on another board. I am not a computer geek, so it's my basic explanation of it. As I said before, I haven't found that you have to do much resizing here. Just play with it a little smaller, somtimes you might have to resize up if you get it posted and it's tooooo small. Robin

Ok if you have windows on a Pc, and if your pic's are stored in your Picture file, you can go to the pic (the one you want to post) click on it and a box will open up scroll down to Open with- then scroll to Open with Paint. Your pic will open in paint. At the top scroll over to Image then scroll down to Stretch/Skew then in the Stretch "only box" change the Horizontal and Vertical values to (this you have to learn to play with and not knowing how big your pic is, I am gonna say start with 50%, you may have to make it smaller, then click on OK. the pic will resize, now on that resized pic go up and click File, scroll down to save as and click on that. A box will come up and you need to name your resized pic so you won't loose your original. As I said I always name the new pic with the words with the forum name in the title so that I know in the future that, that pic is forum size. Name your pic and then click save. Then come back to your post new or old and click the reply, The Post a Reply box will come up, put any info you want to post in, then click Browse. a box will open up that says File upload, find your pic (where ever you have it stored) Click on the new resized pic and it will show up in the post after you click on the little green box titled UPLOAD. I hope this helps, I am not a computer wizard, so I don't know the techie words to tell you to help you, only my click, hit this or that....... Hope it helps! Rkg
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:01 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Rick, most of my post, I copied from a post of mine on another forum, and it has different verbage and or requirements. I tried to catch everything that is different posting here, and hope changing it to suit this forum didn't make it hard to understand, if so, let me know and hopefully I can figure out what the answer is. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote