Pattern for a 16' Casita Bed... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2003, 07:02 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Pattern for a 16' Casita Bed...

I have a 2000 16' Casita SD. I was lucky enough to have Elvin Lowe send me a pattern of his 17' Casita bed but it is not the same size as the 16's bed. I am looking to get a nice foam mattress for the Casita bed area but need a pattern to cut the foam to size for the 16' Casita.

Would anyone have a pattern that I could use for a mattress for the 16' Casita SD? What would be the easiest way to make a pattern for the bed area?

Please feel free to post here or e-mail me directly...

Thanks,
Steve, Julie & Michael

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 07:20 PM   #2

Well, I can do that! I haven't seen the Casita but if it's anything like the Scamp, there are two ways to do it. The easiest is to take a plain white sheet (preferably ironed so size is stable), center it over the existing cushions, and tuck the excess neatly all the way around the cushion. Then take a washable kid's magic marker and follow the contours of the cushions as they exist (washable because they bleed less - check to be sure it doesn't bleed through to the cushions). Remove the sheet and you have the exact pattern of the top. Add seam allowance as desired and, viola, a pattern. This could also be done by securing the sheet to the bedboard with double sided tape but that gets a little funkier because the present cushions have already made an allowance for fitting room inside the shell. Hope this is what you wanted! :wave

Old 02-22-2003, 10:52 PM   #3

Thanks Susan, I think that will work out great!

Old 02-23-2003, 07:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Orginally posted by susan c
center it over the existing cushions, and tuck the excess neatly all the way around the cushion. Then take a washable kid's magic marker and follow the contours of the cushions as they exist
Susan, this is great. I made cushions off and on all my adult life, and this is the easiest way I've seen. thanks a bunch. I would have done the on the board method and it would have been too big. Thanks again

Old 02-23-2003, 09:33 AM   #5

Wow! Susan! Great tip! I never would have thought of doing that!

I was going to tell poor Steve to tape a bunch of newspaper pages together ... but jeese! Your way is so much easier and more accurate!

Great tip!

Old 02-24-2003, 05:16 PM   #6

You're welcome folks. I should have added if the marker still bleeds either put a sheet of plastic between the cushion and the sheet or use a pencil (the quilter's choice - but, it'll take forever).

I also should have added my other car's a Bernina!!!:reye2

Old 02-24-2003, 05:37 PM   #7

Bernina?? a sewing maching. good choice. I use to sell them.

Old 02-25-2003, 05:08 AM   #8

Sorry! Guess I should have clarified that! :wave Thanks!

Old 02-25-2003, 07:28 AM   #9

Hey, Susan! :wave My other car's a Pfaff!

:cblob

Old 02-25-2003, 09:15 AM   #10

The guys might be wondering, but us girls weren't haveing any problem. It was just a surprise. made me do a double take.
a Pfaff?? :conf How do you say that Mary? Pfaff is a good one too.

Tags
casita