Per! Roger! Burro Wide Body owners - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2007, 01:36 PM   #21

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
...There is a standard, yes, but it's not linear. For example, a 185/r14c is not the same as a 185/r14 c.

They duplicate characters. But I think from a different engineering standard, so these probably make perfect sense to car people...
Not to me, and any of my friends will tell you that I am very much a car person. I don't think the "C" for commercial is from any industry standard.

Quote:
...Also, Pete, that table is from 2005 and they say at the bottom that the standards are changing.. which may add to the confusion if not everyone has transitioned yet.
I believe that the transition in the Light Truck tire world is from the letter-designated "load ranges" (which correspond to maximum inflation pressures and the old count of cord plies) to numerically designated "load index" values like passenger car tires (P- sizes). The load index is a number which directly corresponds to the allowed load, so two tires of different sizes with the same load index do actually carry the same amount of weight. Many LT listings show both load range and load index, so I expect Special Trailer tires will follow... in about the year 2020.

Quote:
...They are wynstars. Not a name I have heard of, they are made in china. Like most every other brand these days...
Like almost every other trailer tire brand, but not Passenger car or Light Truck tires. I don't think there's anything wrong with being made in China (or any other country), but you know a product has not advanced for quite a few years when it has become a generic commodity that comes from anywhere, made by anyone.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro