Pilot light knob - Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #1

Trailer: 76 Boler 13 ft
Hi, does anyone know where or if I can get another red pilot knob. Will another brand fit. Any suggestions?

ps. It doesn't have to be red.
Attached Thumbnails
pilot_light.jpg  
khoa l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Try places that repair furnace's & hot water tanks. Ask if they have old valve laying around. Take your valve with you.

Go to household as well as RV service places.

Bill K

Quote:
Hi, does anyone know where or if I can get another red pilot knob. Will another brand fit. Any suggestions?

Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:14 AM   #3

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
I was at Arizona RV Salvage to purchase cargo doors last week, they have a bin of old gas valves. You might email them or me with your valve number.

I do not have a replacement knob for that valve model by sight...

The Robertshaw Universal series 7000 knob might work and is part # 1751-012 (also for Unitrol) for 4.44 us. I do dot know if the cam indentations are the same?

That is the answer to the "will other knobs work" question.

Its a should be answer I know, here is why? ... Manufacturers generally do not re-cast or re-tool aluminum valve bodies because of the cost, so they just re-do the knobs, a problem with the round knobs occurred eons back and it became an industry standard to use two different shapes for the control knobs...The change allowed one to know blind or in the dark which valve you were messing with and its position.

The valve is still made under another number which is Robertshaw 710-203 replacing all TV27AA03 series valves as discontinued and uses the knob part number above. The valve is referred to as a "snap action hydraulic temperature sensing gas valve". Other valves such as the Eurosit valve work well too.

Just a note, the pilot thermocouple in the pic is missing the part that holds that tight and straight, a commercial restaurant supply store has the piece that screws in and centers that...that type of pilot assembly was common to their industry in the 70s.

If I can help further P.M. me.

Happy Camping, Safe trails.

Harry

Quote:

Harry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #4

Trailer: 76 Boler 13 ft
Thanks Harry, I'll check it out!
khoa l is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, lighting, tail lights