Play Mor II -- I bought it. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-28-2007, 07:35 PM   #15

Trailer: Play Mor II 1987 and Home Built Teardrop
Quote:
I realize that the thread has moved on, but one last comment on the weep holes...

My Hehr windows have weep holes drilled in the bottom of the channel, and snap-on plastic covers (now kind of brittle after almost three decades), maybe one over each set (I'll have to check). The slots might be just for the covers... my weep holes are definitely roughly drilled holes, not slots.

By the way, I found that even after they are unplugged, the holes may not drain well because they are so rough - burrs around them act as a dam. I cleaned them up with something (can't remember what) so they can drain fully.
Hey Brian, I keep bringing it back to the top

Found the weep holes, Mine are about 2" slits. They also are rough and need some emory cloth or something to smooth them out. Got the plastic covers out and the inside was very rough and fully clogged.

Believe it or not. The previous owners have completely SEALED the escape window with silicone or some kind of goop . If I keep her most likely will replace that window.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:28 PM   #16

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
Would like to make the bed convertible to a couch maybe (Futon like???).
The futon idea may be a little bulky and awkward in a small space, although larger RVs often use a similar "jack knife" sofa/bed design.

My Boler B1700 uses a pull-out "gaucho": a sofa with a panel under the seat cushions which pulls out (along with three legs to support the front edge) to make a bed, with the back cushion placed on the extended platform. This only works, of course, if there is room across the entire front of the sofa. It would be easy to build.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:34 PM   #17

Alberta
Quote:
Found the weep holes, Mine are about 2" slits. They also are rough and need some emory cloth or something to smooth them out. Got the plastic covers out and the inside was very rough and fully clogged.
I just had a look and the covers (the same ones I mentioned before) are indeed covering and snapped into drain slots. The small drilled holes which I found are additional drainage from another point, and apparently a owner-added feature.

Quote:
Believe it or not. The previous owners have completely SEALED the escape window with silicone or some kind of goop . If I keep her most likely will replace that window.
I believe it. I also believe that if you keep the window, then when the sealant is removed, the leak they were fixing will reappear, and will need to be fixed - properly, this time.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:40 PM   #18

Quote:
The futon idea may be a little bulky and awkward in a small space, although larger RVs often use a similar "jack knife" sofa/bed design.

My Boler B1700 uses a pull-out "gaucho": a sofa with a panel under the seat cushions which pulls out (along with three legs to support the front edge) to make a bed, with the back cushion placed on the extended platform. This only works, of course, if there is room across the entire front of the sofa. It would be easy to build.
[b]You wouldn't have a pic of this would you???

I could go either way, Couch (gaucho) or dinette. Our Aliner set up into a dinette -- we never used it. A couch we would use IF it slid easily and could be left "made-up" as a bed when converted to a couch (gaucho).
A trial at a description: the platform would be in two pieces (Hinged???). The back piece would pull up to make the back of the couch while the remainder of the platform would slide back against the back of the trailer. The cushions (mattress) would be adapted to make the back and seat of the couch.

Hey, look, I'm just day dreamin'

Geron
Old 10-01-2007, 04:34 PM   #19

Alberta
In the Album photo of a B1700SGH interior, you can see the gaucho in the sofa mode. If you look closely, you can see a horizontal rub line on the cabinet from sliding the panel out, and you can see that in this photo is was not slid all the way back in (it is sticking out a fraction of an inch from the cushion). You have to use your imagination to see that there is a leg at the front end corners of the sliding panel. It comes out roughly to flush with the cabinet - far enough that the back cushion fits in the additional space.

I'll look for more useful images later.

The gaucho is along the curb side of the trailer is the "side gaucho" model like this; it is the same design as the rear-positioned gaucho in the B1700RGH like mine.

The hinged design would work, too... it's just more complex than the basic slide-out gaucho.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:17 PM   #20

Quote:
In the Album photo of a B1700SGH interior, you can see the gaucho in the sofa mode. If you look closely, you can see a horizontal rub line on the cabinet from sliding the panel out, and you can see that in this photo is was not slid all the way back in (it is sticking out a fraction of an inch from the cushion). You have to use your imagination to see that there is a leg at the front end corners of the sliding panel. It comes out roughly to flush with the cabinet - far enough that the back cushion fits in the additional space.

I'll look for more useful images later.

The gaucho is along the curb side of the trailer is the "side gaucho" model like this; it is the same design as the rear-positioned gaucho in the B1700RGH like mine.
The hinged design would work, too... it's just more complex than the basic slide-out gaucho.
Yes, very helpful, The same concept applied to the back of the Play Mor. I like it! very much.

g

Tags
play-mor, play–pac