Play Pac Redo - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-24-2008, 09:40 PM   #15

Trailer: Eggless at the moment
Just thought I'd throw an update out there. Over the winter, I spent $$$ getting various supplies for the Egg Krate. In no particular order:

Water Inlet valve. All in one thing from West Marine.
30 Watt Solar Panel and controller.
Fused switch box with volt meter and 12 volt plug
Wall table (2)
Two wall scone type lamps
Back up camera and 2.5" TV (This may or may not work)
Various racks, hangers and other stuff.
Fabric for curtains and cushions.

Matter of fact, if I don't start putting this stuff in the PP, I'm going to run out of room in the house.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #16

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
My house is like that

At least I have a first in first out system. I am afraid I will run out of space before I find the time. Ugh!

So, where are the pictures?

Old 03-27-2008, 08:25 PM   #17

I'm dedicating most of this weekend to working on the egg. I hope to have the bed in place and take some pictures of the other stuffs. My first camping trip is mid-May, so I need to get cracking. Not having the Egg here at the house has slowed down progress considerably.

Well, in construction anyhow. I still seem to be able to spend $$$. :

Old 03-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #18

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Quote:
I'm dedicating most of this weekend to working on the egg. I hope to have the bed in place and take some pictures of the other stuffs. My first camping trip is mid-May, so I need to get cracking. Not having the Egg here at the house has slowed down progress considerably.

Well, in construction anyhow. I still seem to be able to spend $$$. :
Bonnie
I know what you mean about the money!
I moved the Scamp back home last week to prevent it from needing boat plates instead of just trailer plates and with the way the weather has been today and is forecast I am not moving it back to storage too fast.

I had it down between Fenton and Arnold in Jefferson County and though the Meremec and the creek are back in their banks now,they look like they are having second thoughts after today.

In the last two weeks we have had every kind of weather there is and now there are severe storm warnings.
Hope it goes well this weekend,I may give you a call.

Oh yeah,having it back at home has had me inside it every night even if I am just sitting there thinking of spending money.

Ed
Old 03-30-2008, 06:45 PM   #19

I'm very glad I'm not alone.

I didn't get much done, but I did get most of the rest of the 12volt electric stuff. Including a 12" neon tube. My local Car Parts store put all their car lights on clearance. Good time to visit. Didn't have hardly anything in white though.

I have rather largish collection of electrical do dads now. Some switches, inline fuses, liquid tape, battery disconnect, marine terminals, #10 wiring in red and black and a windshield washer pump.

Name:   HPIM0749.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  26.9 KB

got the Marine West switched fuse box out and I'm kinda confused. Here's the front:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0741.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	12361

Here's the back. There's only a connector for the + side. The directions weren't helpful. I guess, I'm supposed to know what I'm doing.

Name:   HPIM0740.JPG
Views: 112
Size:  20.8 KB

Got to look at it some more. ...

Old 03-30-2008, 06:51 PM   #20

I also decided, finally, on the flooring. I went with a one part epoxy and the shaker flakes. The picture doesn't show it, but the shaker has a med and light tan and white. It's called sand. It will go with the fabric I have for cushions and such. Here's a glimpse.

Name:   HPIM0731.JPG
Views: 102
Size:  31.0 KB

I will post how that great adventure goes. The 1--part can be tinted, so I went with a med tan (country oak) to compliment the other colors. I also hope it won't show the dirt so much.

Here's two shots of the fabric. The 2nd one is for roll up shades and valances. There's also a solid brown for accents.

Name:   HPIM0742.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  22.7 KB
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2008, 07:07 PM   #21

And last, but not least, a shot of the neon tube. It was taken w/o flash. That amount of light should work fine in the kitchen area.

Name:   HPIM0751.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  16.2 KB

You can barely see it, but my trail master emergency lantern is providing the juice. I'll cut the ciggy adapter off the 12" light and hard wire it when the time comes.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:57 PM   #22

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I'm REAL curious about how the floor works out. That's what I want to do, but wasn't sure it would work on a fiberglass resin soaked flooring. So, please let us know how it goes and post some pictures too please
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:22 PM   #23

Quote:
I'm REAL curious about how the floor works out. That's what I want to do, but wasn't sure it would work on a fiberglass resin soaked flooring. So, please let us know how it goes and post some pictures too please
Will do. The floor is not original and I'm not certain of the finish, but I think this will work well.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:03 AM   #24

I could really use a break from the rain.! Still all in all things are coming along. I'm attaching a Play Pac manual. Thanks Charlene, who is another PP owner from another group.

Playpac_Brochure_Manual_Restored.pdf
Old 02-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #25

Wink

Yes, I know it's been forever, but I celebrated the 70 degree weather here by getting the floor done. Finally!

Here's a link to the photobucket slide show of the day's activities.

Play Pac Floor Redone

I may well need to go get the clear sealer too, won't know until everything is completely dry -- 24 to 48 hours. It's supposed to stay warm that long.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #26

Well, after much thought and a bit of luck. I found someone to repair the street side window!!

So surgery began... On the repairman's advice I used a wood chisel to pop the rivet heads off. Worked really well.

Name:	Broken_Rivet.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	20450

The following picture shows the riveted frame piece. The rivets went into the lip of the fiberglass part of the window, so out they came too. That's my friend Terry and her grand daughter's hands. They were peeling the mountains of putty away from the window frame.

Picture in the next post. Ran out of room.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #27

Name:	Frame_joint.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	20451

This is a shot of the metal joining piece. I broke one of them getting them out.

Name:	Frame_joint_piece.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	20452

After the rivets heads were all removed. And we worked for about an hour prying away the putty (I did wonder how on earth the thing leaked). I used a rubber mallet to break the window free. You can just see daylight in the upper left corner.

Name:	First_Sign_of_Success.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	20453

These windows are one piece. There is no trim ring. They are riveted from the outside through the fiberglass side. Pretty cool design, actually.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #28

Here's a shot of the window as it came out of the trailer. The moving part of the window is actually not attached in any way. It rides in a groove and is held in place by the support arms when they are locked.. Which is why, when the arms on this window broke off, the owner, twice removed, screwed the window shut. Very messy. But the way the window is made, makes it really easy to fit an AC in there.

Name:	Window_out.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	20454

Once out, I could see the tape used to put the window in 35 years ago was pretty much toast.

Name:	Sealing_Tape.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	20455

There's wall damage to repair:

Name:	Water_Damage_2.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	20456

The person doing the repairs worked in the RV industry for years. He's pretty certain he put the window back in usable condition. It's worth the attempt. Terry and I put a tarp over the trailer to protect the rest of the work I'm doing. It will be awhile before I get the window back, so I'm going to press ahead with everything else.

One thing I will do right away is make sure the other weep holes are open. This window was clogged with putty.

So, there you have it. Progress on the redo. I'm a happy camper, because I know I can reseal the other windows as they need it.

Tags
play–pac