Play Pac VIN? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #1

Name: Meghan
Trailer: Play Pac
New York
Registry
Play Pac VIN?

Does anyone know where the VIN is? I searched ALL over and cant find it. 2 others before me also looked for it, and cant find it.
Meghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #2

Name: Michael
Trailer: 1985 16 ft Scamp
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
Does anyone know where the VIN is? I searched ALL over and cant find it. 2 others before me also looked for it, and cant find it.
Look very carefully at the tongue in the front. Look on the top and the sides of the frame, inch by inch with a strong light, at a 45 degree angle. It probably has been painted over. If you find some irregular bumps, use some 320 grit, wet and dry sandpaper, wet and scrub that area until the vin appears. If it remains, it should be right up there on the tongue. Also, look for a tag, probably pop riveted on and painted over. Unless there is foul play, it should still be there. I had to call Scamp to locate mine and if I did not know exactly were to look, I would have missed it and did several times before. They hide well under layers of paint...Best of luck to ya! How about some of you other PlaPac owners/former owners. Anyone recall where the VIN is?
Michael
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #3

Name: Meghan
Trailer: Play Pac
New York
Registry
I will look again, but it has never been re painted and is all original. I think this is a common problem with the Play Pac. Thank You for your advice I will deff. look again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Look very carefully at the tongue in the front. Look on the top and the sides of the frame, inch by inch with a strong light, at a 45 degree angle. It probably has been painted over. If you find some irregular bumps, use some 320 grit, wet and dry sandpaper, wet and scrub that area until the vin appears. If it remains, it should be right up there on the tongue. Also, look for a tag, probably pop riveted on and painted over. Unless there is foul play, it should still be there. I had to call Scamp to locate mine and if I did not know exactly were to look, I would have missed it and did several times before. They hide well under layers of paint...Best of luck to ya! How about some of you other PlaPac owners/former owners. Anyone recall where the VIN is?
Michael
Meghan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vin