Play pac window/ dome removal - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #1

Name: Meghan
Trailer: Play Pac
New York
Registry
Play pac window/ dome removal

Has anyone removed and repaired leaky windows and dome from their play PAC? I know they are all similar to most fiberglass campers, but I was wondering if there are any specific Play Pac things I need to know before I start my research on "what to do now"

Old 08-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #2

Name: Paul
Trailer: Vixen Motor Coach
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
Has anyone removed and repaired leaky windows and dome from their play PAC? I know they are all similar to most fiberglass campers, but I was wondering if there are any specific Play Pac things I need to know before I start my research on "what to do now"
Meghan,
i haven't done any of the above ... but i know Steve (who sold me my Play Pac) had a leak at one point in the Dome. the P.O. before him apparently had a leak and threw a tire on the roof over a tarp (which didn't help things much). he did some repairs and was able to stop the leaking from the dome. so Steve might be of help in this regard.

as to window repairs, i am considering updating mine but have done nothing yet. i will likely drill or pop out the rivets, remove the frame, clean the surrounding area from caulking and old putty/butyl tape (this will probably be the biggest pain), and reinstall with fresh tape but using all stainless hardware. sounds easy enough right?

however, i did speak with Bonnie who decided to move on from her Play Pac but she did post some valuable photos and info of her window renovation that might help you (unfortunately, i dont think we have a finished view but this still is helpful to let you know what you are getting into!):

Play Pac Redo

(about half-way down the page)

she responded to me recently as well, so you may wish to PM her for some details. good luck Meghan - keep us posted!