Yet another "what on earth were they thinking" discovery today.... I am almost speechless. I knew there was a "patch" of some sort over the previously rotted rear floor, but this is truly not what I expected when I finally removed one of the benches and peeled back the linoleum to take a look.
I really just don't get this... no matter what this was always going to be a half-assed job because of the way the prior owner approached fixing it (which I could feel under the linoleum), but peg board is the absolute last thing I would have expected to uncover.
Granted, I expected to replace most of the rear floor because of water damage visible under the bench (where the OSB had chipped away under the fresh coat of paint
it got at some point) and because the old leaks
were never really fixed (as you can see by the trails down the ensolite under the rear window), so whatever, but I just don't get it.. if you are going to go through the trouble to pull everything out and put down new linoleum, why not actually take the time to fix the floor better than this? Or better than that, fix the cracked and leaking window seals that led to most of this in the first place... that job took me all of 30 minutes per window, it honestly wasn't that difficult (it was easier than I expected to get the lockstrip in, once I lubed up the channel very well), and I even did one of them in the dark
I should have snapped a shot of what was underneath the soggy rotting peg board, but the OSB has completely disintegrated, there were some holes patched with who knows what that was barely clinging on (might be caulking, might be construction adhesive... I'm honestly not sure).
We won't even get into the wiring.. it's a mess and full of splices wrapped in nothing more than wire nuts and electrical
tape, and I can't even imagine how corroded everything is since none of the leaks
were ever fixed until just recently, and it's coming out as soon as I get the other bench free (I needed a flashlight to locate the screws attaching it to the closet cabinet, so that seemed like a good place to stop for the evening) so I have easy access to everything all at once. I did "replace" the taillights a while back, but they're not wired in yet since there was no continuity in these wires from the front of the trailer. I have all of my supplies ready to go, but re-wiring has been low on the list of priorities
On tomorrow's agenda is to get the other dinette bench out and start working on removing the rotted floor... should be fun