PLS help with installation with roof top AC for 13' scamp! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #21

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Thats good news Jeanne, hopefully your altered plan will do the trick.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #22

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
I just saw a very small 6200 btu unit at costco so it may be available from Wally mart as well. But 5200 should cover all but full sun on a really hot Georgia day with high temp and humidity, even then I would think it would be ok for many people. One poster from that area was not satisfied with 5000 btu but then that stuff is a personal preference. DW is comfortable up to 80 if there is a breeze and is cold at 73. I wear t-shirt and shorts at 73.

There was at least one post with pictures on an under table install, that is where I saw it. Here is at least one link.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...s-25844-2.html

Here are a few more posts where some ideas and evaluation of different approaches, size and models are discussed. Even if you don't like the installation method or location there are some gems of wisdom in the problems solved or avoided.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...rro-46871.html

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ing-53049.html

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ers-32707.html

Good luck and glad to hear the vendor was so good to deal with.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #23

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
PIC Scamp A/C extra support

Attached is a picture of the extra roof support for the Scamp roof A/C. This is looking from rear to front.
Eddie
Attached Thumbnails
685.JPG  
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #24

Name: Jeanne
Trailer: Scamp 1999 13' Standard
Ohio
Wow everyone! Thanks so much. I appreciat all the help, etc. I showed Frank this sight and he was impressed too (but he's not really online much).

Eddie, that support is CRAZY. Thank GOD we did NOT have to do some of that to our "scamper".

I am soooo glad we went with the regular unit. Frank got AC unit installed tonight, and working, and the wheel moved to the "front". But still needs detailing. Like I said, my husband can do almost anything (thank God). I will post pictures soon (before and after).

Roger, thanks for posting the link to the other (brilliant) person who thought of putting the AC under the table. It was Frank's idea and I really do believe it's BRILLIANT. Also it's supported by the bumper (and not too heavy either). Only down fall is that the unit I picked out had remote control but he picked one up today for almost 1/2 the cost but no remote. So what I told him! We'll set it right before bed!

This weekend will be our maiden voyage! We're going for 2 nights to a really great looking RV park (state park in KY). Wish us luck!

Thanks again for all of the help.
jwannacamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp