Poli-glo Questions re application - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #1

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
One side done. The Poly-prep worked great. Cleaned the whole trailer on a drizzly Sunday morning. This morning in the shade I did one side with four coats, which looks great (the back side so probably needs the least.)

My question is, how did you apply it around the little trim things and hookup stuff? I got a foam paintbrush after the first side because it was hard to do, but wonder what others did.

Bobbie

Old 07-28-2008, 07:22 PM   #2

Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Mpls,Minnesota
Registry

Bobbie Mayer
That's what I used (foam paintbrush) also put 4 coats on. Been on for about a year, still looks GREAT.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #3

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Bobbie Mayer
That's what I used (foam paintbrush) also put 4 coats on. Been on for about a year, still looks GREAT.
I'm using the Poli-glow applicator (a sponge with chamois cloth basically) and around the small stuff I tried the foam paintbrush, but it looks a lot worse than just coming up to it with the big applicator as close as I can so I went back to that. I got three sides done and two coats on the fourth and now it is raining! The good news is the three finished sides have rain beading up on the surface like a new car.

Bobbie
Old 07-29-2008, 11:05 AM   #4

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
I was prepping the surface using PoliPrep yesterday and I was going to post today how I didn't think it did a very good job. However I went outside this morning and it is clear now that it's dried how well it worked to take out most stains. There is some black gunk (algae perhaps) that I just can't seem to get off with anything but it's minor and I can live with it.

Saying that, I am considering not using the PoliGlow that I bought but instead using Penetrol which is what a few neighbours have recommended - they use it on their fiberglass campers.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #5

Washington
Registry
Quote:
I was prepping the surface using PoliPrep yesterday and I was going to post today how I didn't think it did a very good job. However I went outside this morning and it is clear now that it's dried how well it worked to take out most stains. There is some black gunk (algae perhaps) that I just can't seem to get off with anything but it's minor and I can live with it.
I had to wet-sand one stained section to get the stain off. Weirdly, it was a stain that just appeared in the last few months, no idea why.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:17 AM   #6

Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Mpls,Minnesota
Registry
I used NAVEL JELLY RUST DISSOLVER to take stains out of my trailer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MH625731.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	14803