Poll of your best FAQs-solutions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2007, 11:44 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
A survey to see if there's consensus on best solutions to FAQs, would be very useful as organized obvious succinct datapoints. (I thought that separating the reply posts under a main FAQs post, in order to divide topics to keep the answer in the main line would to avail to quick review in the algorithm and yet compile the answers together), as opposed to sifting the (sometimes heavy) verbage per post would be very useful.
The advanced search (+term +term +term) will return the few mains plus replies, which still implies dozens or sometimes hundreds of posts to review for the answer, if indeed it is there.
Is there a consensus report here on this site, or a FAQs survey that I missed?
"Too many search returns...I may be doing something wrong, but when I put in a search term such as "replacement stove for Boler" I get many, many posts...
SO I thought why not take a quickie POLL of what the favorite solution for common problems was, and then reserve the "search" can be for more in-depth coverage.

My FG Lexicon is not too broad as yet, so if you have an idea of something to poll please add it in!
Please put response only at top of post so it shows easily, then any descriptions and links to archives below it. For me, it'd be a quick survey of best solutions from the wise folks in FGRV-land! Hopefully, it could help others for an organized glance to a confusing topic (at first anyway).
Thank you all for your help thus far!"
Suzanne P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:45 PM   #2

Best Paint For Ensolite?

Best Paint For Fiberglass?

Best Replacement Stove?

Best Fiberglass Repair Material?

Best Tires?

Best Fridge Replacement Or Fixes?
Old 07-04-2007, 02:32 AM   #3

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Suzanne P,

When you open the search window, you'll see a link to "Advanced Usage Help" just under the window for the "Key Words."

Your search, "replacement stove for Boler," finds posts which contain at least one of the four words. If you do "+replacement +stove +boler," it will narrow your search considerably. It will find posts which contain all three words.

I found four threads using that search.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:58 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
The problem you're going to run into Suzanne is the word "Best." It's probably the most subjective word in the English language. What's best to me, may certainly not be "Best" to someone else.

It's like asking... on this forum.... what's the "Best" molded lightweight fiberglass RV. What do you think that might be? It's the one you own! Not a particular brand.

Since other's can't edit your posts... I'm going to combine them for brevity. Then too, some of the answers you seek may very well be in the archives and the "Best" answer was given by someone who no longer participates on this forum. Without them and without searching you'll be losing out on some valuable info. Maybe instead of trying to get all the answers at once, you should settle for finding out one answer at a time... when you need to know
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:12 AM   #5

Is there a location on this site that I missed that already gathers and collates information to FAQs? I would love love love to see that! Thanks
Old 07-04-2007, 10:09 AM   #6

If these are kept separate, it would make searching through them much easier (IMHO).
Quote:
Best Paint For Ensolite?

Best Paint For Fiberglass?

Best Replacement Stove?

Best Fiberglass Repair Material?

Best Tires?

Best Fridge Replacement Or Fixes?
Old 07-04-2007, 10:13 AM   #7

I searched thusly (no "best" term): +boler +stove +replacement, from which I haven't yet found the information I seek.
I only meant to help others with the same problem that I am having by starting this thread. I guess you can just delete it all Donna.
Quote:
The problem you're going to run into Suzanne is the word "Best." It's probably the most subjective word in the English language. What's best to me, may certainly not be "Best" to someone else.

It's like asking... on this forum.... what's the "Best" molded lightweight fiberglass RV. What do you think that might be? It's the one you own! Not a particular brand.

Since other's can't edit your posts... I'm going to combine them for brevity. Then too, some of the answers you seek may very well be in the archives and the "Best" answer was given by someone who no longer participates on this forum. Without them and without searching you'll be losing out on some valuable info. Maybe instead of trying to get all the answers at once, you should settle for finding out one answer at a time... when you need to know
Old 07-04-2007, 01:01 PM   #8

Trailer: 1977 Boler 17 ft
I like your idea Suzanne as I have had similar problems but have come to believe this form is actually set up very well. Donna is right that what is right for me might be totally different for someone else. BEST is in the eye of the beholder. I was totally amazed when I worked as an electrician that I could look in 3 different catalogues for a part and find them under 3 different names in three different places. I even found that our store keepers in our own stores supply department had different names for things than we did in the field. This is something the same scenerio, almost impossible to set up for everyone's tastes. Good luck - I think as time goes on you'll find it easier and easier.
Neil W' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:58 PM   #9

Trailer: Two 13 ft Scamps
Registry
I have actually found lots of really valuable information by just stumbling upon stuff I wasn't really searching for! So its 6 of one, half dozen of the other!
jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:42 PM   #10

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
A survey to see if there's consensus on best solutions to FAQs, would be very useful as organized obvious succinct datapoints.
Suzanne... another issue is that "succinct data points" frequently lead readers down the wrong path. For example, a succinct 'bad axle' point would undoubtedly refer to a torsion axle which, if you have a live axle and leaf springs, would give you totally useless information. Fiberglass paint is another. House paint will work, but Imron is preferred by others. Most prefer not to paint at all, but re-gelcoat. How about painting with Imron a trailer that's been previously painted with house paint. As you can see, succinct often just isn't appropriate.

The search function does a really excellent job with this software.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:49 PM   #11

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
To me the search and keeping current on reading the posts is 90% of the fun.
The joy is in the journey, grasshopper...
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:57 PM   #12
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Hey, everybody, we're always open to suggestions for things to include in the Tutorials and Resources sections (see column of web site features at the top/left of every page).

Not to say we act on every suggestion, but we will consider all ideas!

In case you've not discoved it, our "suggestion box" is a.k.a. the Feedback to the Webmaster forum.

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote