Pool noodles? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2007, 09:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Someone here some time back mentioned that they had used a pool noodle to use as a fix to block water on the Fiamma awning. This seems like a pretty good idea to me, so I was wondering if you could actually get a 10-foot pool noodle or something of that nature. (Seems pipe insulation cut to order might be able to serve the same purpose?)
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:25 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Bob, I think the pool noodles would be waaaay to thick. I searched and can't find a comparible topic here on FiberglassRV, but over on the CasitaForum there's a really good one describing different fixes..complete with pictures

Sealing area between awning and camper, stopping the rain

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:34 AM   #3

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
Quote:
Someone here some time back mentioned that they had used a pool noodle to use as a fix to block water on the Fiamma awning. This seems like a pretty good idea to me, so I was wondering if you could actually get a 10-foot pool noodle or something of that nature. (Seems pipe insulation cut to order might be able to serve the same purpose?)
Bob, I used the 1/2" O.D. clear plastic tubing the length of the awning doing it the way the link Donna gave said , and it works. A good mod.
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:20 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Pool noodles can be found with a hole down the center, so they can be put together with pieces of PVC pipe, cords, etc.

I have found pipe insulation to break down pretty quickly with exposure to UV and also to leave marks -- YMMV!
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:01 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Jeesh!!! Those Casita people are a protective lot !!! You can knock but you can't get in!!! Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:48 PM   #6

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
Quote:
Hi: Jeesh!!! Those Casita people are a protective lot !!! You can knock but you can't get in!!! Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Hey Alf, my door is open. Knock away.

Here is the mod. I purchased a 10 1/2' 1/2" OD piece of clear plastic hose from Lowes. You are supposed to put it in the sun on top of the egg to get it hot & plyable. I did mine in the winter and believe me the sun did nothing. I used a hairdryer to heat a 12" section at a time to stuff it in between the bottom of the awning and the egg. You do this stuffing from the top. A ladder for me. After I got it in place, I trimmed off the extra on each end. The laststep is to use clear caulk on the top and bottom of the tubing making a good seal. I let mine set up and then tested it with the garden hose. I re-caulked a couple of misses.

It is cold in Georgia today so if you need a picture you will need to wait untill tomorrow.
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:54 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Sorry Alf, et al. I got in touch with Gene Layton the webmaster at CasitaForum and he just recently (last couple of months) restricted most of the CasitaForum to members only. The problem with some of the "Guests," they were actually hackers, crackers and spammers. It was creating havoc with his site.

I'll continue to post appropriate links, but I guess if you want to view the information, ya gotta be a member...kind of what we expect with Bolerama and YahooScamper links.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote