PopTop for TrailsWest Campster - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2009, 10:43 PM   #21

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Well good luck on getting it all done in 3 months. I have asked Bob [at] Canvas Replacements for clarification on what/how many windows are included.
Have you any source re replacement weatherstripping for the 2 sliding windows on Campster (port and starboard). Mine is baked hard so the windows are inoperative.... --Darrell
I ended up washing mine and getting it clean enough to work again. I had that problem when I first got the Campster.

I think I just have two part windows, now that I think about it- maybe they used to be three-part. Screen, plus zippered flap. Four windows, though, one on each side of the Pop top.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #22

Registry
I still want to get a Campster logo done... just haven't gotten around to trying to photoshop what I want. If anyone does that please let me know.

Bobbie
Old 03-19-2009, 02:44 PM   #23

Trailer: 1972 Compact II
Quote:
If you google replacement canvas you will find a bunch of popup type canvas makers, I'll bety one of them could fix you up.

I had a Starcraft pop up years ago and had new canvas ends made for it, they worked out great.
I hear there is a place in hood river oregon that makes them ran into a couple in canada that had one done we went to hoodriver but was to busy to go look for the place it also makes canvas sails for wind sailing google it maybe it will come up i have a 1971 compact two 12 ft with a bathroom have not heard of any others with the luxary have you
kathy munk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #24

Registry
Quote:
i have a 1971 compact two 12 ft with a bathroom have not heard of any others with the luxary have you
At least one person has the model with the bathroom. I don't remember who.

Bobbie
Old 03-19-2009, 09:05 PM   #25

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
I have used the rope caulk available from RV stores on 25 and 50 foot rolls, the old stuff lasts about 15 years here in the desert. Its often referred to as butyl cord.

http://www.rvwholesalers.com/catalog/butyl...e-13-0880x.html

The chemistry in all honesty has changed over the decades and the stuff actually works better now than then, what that chemistry is now I do not know.

I just took the windows out on mine to strip her down for sanding and it was murder getting it to release after 4 years use, the adhesion was still fantastic considering the heat it must survive.

Harry

Quote:
Well good luck on getting it all done in 3 months. I have asked Bob [at] Canvas Replacements for clarification on what/how many windows are included.
Have you any source re replacement weatherstripping for the 2 sliding windows on Campster (port and starboard). Mine is baked hard so the windows are inoperative.... --Darrell
Harry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #26

Name: Jimbo
Trailer: 1971 Trails West Campster/1980 Scamp 13
California
Registry
Campster Logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
I still want to get a Campster logo done... just haven't gotten around to trying to photoshop what I want. If anyone does that please let me know.

Bobbie

Did you ever get your campster logo figured out. If so , let me know what happened. I bought a campster yesterday, with a logo so faded it looks like dirt on the paint.

thanks. jimbo
Thee Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #27

Registry
No, but I still have the file which someone else graciously gave me. Pm me your email and I can send it. I have not looked for a place to make it yet but if you find one and get it sett up I would like to possibly get a couple also.

Tags
campster