Porta Potty help - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2017, 02:10 AM   #1

Name: Roger
Trailer: Trails West Campster andTeardrop American
California
Registry
Porta Potty help

Hi
After reading all about recommendations for portapotties, I decided that a PETT by CleanWaste is just right. Its sturdy, will handle up to 500 pounds. Since I weigh in excess of 300, thats a good thing. It folds up. I can make a box for storing it and the box canbe used to raise it up a bit. I'm also tall ............ and old, so getting up and down is bit of a chore. The box will fitonedgein the verticle closet next to the door in Hamster the Campster. It will be perfect for a while at least, for those night time visits us old farts make. I have already ordered up a dressing room pop up for its use. And its available from Amazon, among others.
SO, whats the problem? It can't be shipped to my home address in Pioneer, Northern Calif. I'm guessing that it must be the chemicals used. Amazon can't ship the replaceable wag bags either. Here's the kicker. As far as I know, I can buy these goodies at an REI in Sacramento at a higher price.
So how can I find out where in Northern Calif they can be shipped?Are there any other alternatives?
Thank you, kindly. All help greatly appreciated
Roger the Lodger
rwilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:07 AM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Shipping problem

Hi Roger,
I had the same issue recently when ordering a replacement shower head; Delta said the State of CA would not let them ship the part to a CA address due to water flow regulations. They asked me if I had a friend or family member out of state who they could send it to. Fortunately that worked out for me.
So if you know of anyone in NV or OR or wherever that will accept your shipment then get it to you, your in luck.

Fran
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:00 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Or you can just "hold it" until you get to a state where they will ship to.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:46 PM   #4

Name: Peg
Trailer: 2016 -13' Scamp
Massachusetts
Roger - I have a lightly used Pett in great condition. Interested? I've even mad a ripstop nylon carrying bag for it. I used to leave it set up outside my teardrop. The nylon cover disguised it as an end table.

I have no further need of it since I bought my Scamp w/bath.

Let me know if you want to chat further via private message.
herons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:32 AM   #5

California
Registry
HA! If I could hold it, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I'm lucky to make it from bed to bathroom!
Old 01-26-2017, 05:28 PM   #6

California
Registry
Porta Potty

One of our fellow members solved my problem of shipping by selling me a used one. The Wag bags can be bought at an REI store and despite the drive to the store its a practical way to get them.

I contacted Amazon to see why there is a restriction on shipping and they don't know. Big help! Interestingly there doesn't seem to be a problem if bought on E-Bay although I may be wrong about that. Ebay prices were not attractive except one used at $40.

Suggestions regarding UPS Lockers and Parcel Post etc., remain unchecked, but may be a solution. While it may be some state regulation regarding the chemicals involved I have no evidence of that. so....................... DUNNO!

However, MY problem has been resolved and I will have a porta potty that suits my needs.

Thanks everyone
Old 01-27-2017, 11:38 PM   #7

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Camping World and Cabella's both sell Cleanwaste toilets and the accessory products for it.

As far as "poo" powder. You can buy that stuff a whole lot cheaper from agricultural sources. It is absorbant polymer pellets, sometimes called hydrogel. They use it in the soil for potted plants to soak up and retain water so the soil holds moisture longer. The only difference between it and poo powder is the addition of a bit of odor neutralizer and that too can be purchased from other sources including from janitorial supplies.

So I say forget the expensive poo powder stuff and DIY your own version for pennies on the dollar compared to buying it from Cleanwaste. The concept is fine, turn liquids into gel so there are no major spills when handling it. It is the amount of profit they want for putting their label on the package that gets to me.

Head to the Farm and Garden Supply store, buy those pellets by the 5 gallon bucket load

The new lightweight kitty litter will also work as a substitute product and it has deodorizer already in it. Of course the product is needed more for women than men because is more difficult for women to pee in a bottle without a funnel device.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:43 PM   #8

California
Registry
Thank you Karen. Sage advice. I will research and come up.with my own biodegradable poo pack.
PS. Hope your sight is healing.