portable AC units in a 13 footer - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #15
Trailer: Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
I'm wondering if the thermostat on these outdoor units is measuring the air temp at the point it enters the unit ... or does it measure the ambient air around the unit? this would certainly effect the comfort level inside the trailer.
The GE unit that I converted to sit outside with hoses ducting the air in and out of the Scamp measures the temperature at the point of return into the air conditioner. Mine uses a temperature probe that I believe mechanically actuates the compressor switch. I've thought about running an actual electrical thermostat line to the trailer for a conventional setup to do the same thing, but elected to install a simple on/off switch inside the trailer that controls the AC unit outside.

Parker Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off