portable gazebos in Canada?? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 10:02 PM   #21

Trailer: 73 13 ft Boler / 2004 Toyota Corolla
Send a message via MSN to Robin H
Quote:
Hi Robin. We checked Home depot and they did have one but was not in good condition. I think we may get ahold of an outfit in Coquitlam B.C to build us one. One of the problems i see with the cheaper canopies is the canopy material . The one we looked at had very cheap tarp material and would not likely last a season. We plan on having the canopy close to the fire so we dont freeze in the rain. We camp at higher elevations and it can get very cold in the rain so the canopy would be right next to the fire. One spark would melt the cover and would not be nice. I think we may have to spend a few hundred to get the quality we need as to not start a bigger fire than we need.
I totally agree - the material is quite cheap. It stood up to some good Saskatchewan wind but thankfully never rained while we were camping. Hopefully it stands up to that. There will be no unusual rough camping from this girl so I hope I can get at least a few seasons out of mine.

Robin
Old 08-26-2007, 10:44 PM   #22

Trailer: 73 Boler
Quote:
I totally agree - the material is quite cheap. It stood up to some good Saskatchewan wind but thankfully never rained while we were camping. Hopefully it stands up to that. There will be no unusual rough camping from this girl so I hope I can get at least a few seasons out of mine.

Robin
I did lots of camping in Sask when i was a kid (Kimbal lake). Probably some of my best childhood memories.

My dad had the big Ford station wagon towing a 22 foot prowler with a 15 foot ski boat behind that. Thankfully that setup is not legal in B.C for obvious reasons.

Happy Camping Robin
Old 08-27-2007, 10:04 AM   #23

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
...we got back from 'Murica yesterday and we had done a quick sesrch in G.I. Joe's, and Wal-Mart, and didn't see anything we liked (color wise). The Trailer Goddess or SHE who (thinks) she MUST be obeyed decided we should wait till next season to see what (if anything else) NEW comes out on the market in the spring line.

The sales person (MUCH younger than our son ) informed us that he thought the shelters with the more verticle bases are less prone to wind blow overs than their cousins that have the wider base (dimensions) than the roof lines. He also did inform us to e sure to check the actual OPEN size of these things, as sometimes a 10X10 is smaller. This weekend we experienced this issue when we went to visit another egg owner (from at the car show we were at) who had just bought a 10X10 only to find out it was notibaly smaller!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #24

Quote:
...we got back from 'Murica yesterday and we had done a quick sesrch in G.I. Joe's, and Wal-Mart, and didn't see anything we liked (color wise). The Trailer Goddess or SHE who (thinks) she MUST be obeyed decided we should wait till next season to see what (if anything else) NEW comes out on the market in the spring line.

The sales person (MUCH younger than our son ) informed us that he thought the shelters with the more verticle bases are less prone to wind blow overs than their cousins that have the wider base (dimensions) than the roof lines. He also did inform us to e sure to check the actual OPEN size of these things, as sometimes a 10X10 is smaller. This weekend we experienced this issue when we went to visit another egg owner (from at the car show we were at) who had just bought a 10X10 only to find out it was notibaly smaller!!!
Trailer Goddess???
Old 08-27-2007, 09:45 PM   #25

Registry
....where in NoQuitlam do you plan to go to get one built? We are still looking for one. IF campfire sparks are a concern, yo might want to consider a propane powered firepit, we have 2 and LOVE'M!! NO Sparks and one (B.C. made) throws a flame over 5 feet high The other one is much more sedate, but both pits flames are controlled by the valve on the tank.

Would ya consider comin to The Fort Campground (Ft.Langley) in 3 weekends to meet up with us???
Old 08-27-2007, 11:03 PM   #26

Quote:
....where in NoQuitlam do you plan to go to get one built? We are still looking for one. IF campfire sparks are a concern, yo might want to consider a propane powered firepit, we have 2 and LOVE'M!! NO Sparks and one (B.C. made) throws a flame over 5 feet high The other one is much more sedate, but both pits flames are controlled by the valve on the tank.

Would ya consider comin to The Fort Campground (Ft.Langley) in 3 weekends to meet up with us???
Right here.
http://www.caravancanada.com/home.asp

We cant do the propane thing Doug. We Like traditional wood fires and i carry a chain saw so if i need wood i go out and cut it. It has never not been free.

Whats happening in Ft Langley? A meeting of some kind?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:49 AM   #27

Registry
thanks for that link, I'm out de doooor now headed in that direction!!!!!

Go to "events/meets" in another chapter of this group and open "Loonies Only" links and info about our local semi anual event posted there
Old 12-30-2010, 04:04 AM   #28

Name: Angel
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Alabama
Hi Colin, I can share with you the Gazebo suppliers I know where you can find different varieties of Gazebos to choose from. A gazebo has both practical and aesthetic benefits. The basic advantage of a gazebo is that it provides a roofed area for protection against the sun or rain.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:07 AM   #29

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
Look up portable garages, here is a link to what I'm talking about.

Google
Old 12-30-2010, 05:27 AM   #30

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams72 View Post
Hi Colin, I can share with you the Gazebo suppliers I know where you can find different varieties of Gazebos to choose from. A gazebo has both practical and aesthetic benefits. The basic advantage of a gazebo is that it provides a roofed area for protection against the sun or rain.
It's doubtful Colin will see this message. He had Last Activity: 02-06-2008 09:25 PM on FiberglassRV. I'm sure others will find the info of interest. Just wanted you to know, Colin may not reply.
Closed Thread