Portable Propane - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #15
Name: Scott
Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
the Coleman extension hose hose works fine. the even sell a pole that goes on a regular tank and gives you 3 take offs. stove, bbq and a lantern on the top. there is also an adaptor made for refilling the small bottles but there likely a reason they're not sold in Canada.

Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:32 AM   #16
Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500

The make/model of the stove might be of some help.

FWIW we use a 20# tank with a tree putting a lantern on the top and a hose for our Coleman Stove/Grill/BBQ. Both were designed for the 1# tanks. Never had a problem.

The only thing I can think of is there might be an issue with the regulator on your stove. If that is the case a replacement regulator might be all you need. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer?

Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:49 PM   #17
Name: Barbara
Trailer: Boler
Thanks for all of the help. We took the stove fitting and our current extra hose we use off a tee on our main 20# tank for our small BBQ to a nearby trailer dealer. He said we were good to go. The stove has a built in regulator and no other fittings were needed. Now what to do with the one the fellow in WalMart told us we needed.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:49 PM   #18
Name: April
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
We have a coleman 2 burner stove, the thin bodied one, are you saying that these have a built in regulator? I seem to remember using one off a 20lb that just had a hose between, no regulator years ago with no issues... that was a long time ago.
April Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:00 PM   #19
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
That's correct April.

Essentially everything inside your trailer is protected by the regulator that is fitted on the outside of your trailer. For small appliances they all require an internal regulator to handle the high pressure of the mini tanks. So in my case I run my Coleman 2 burner stove, Coleman lantern and Weber Baby Q220 from my 20lb tank via a couple of adapters and 3 hoses. However, as I mention in my thread it's not the cheapest option to use.

I think the cheapest solution is probably a single T adapter with one T end running to the trailer regulator and the upper T end holding a propane tree. Coleman sells both of those products. For me, however, I wanted the flexability to run our kitchen the way we have it.

Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote