Portable shower - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2011, 05:39 AM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Trillium
Cool Portable shower

I purchased my 13' Trillium early last summer; love it! Being retired, I have traveled constantly. I am very active; mountain hiking, kayaking etc. My Trillium has (had?) no shower. I almost always boondock (beach, logging roads...). When I have stayed in a campground I have never used a serviced site; I prefer the space of a more remote site. I would take a sponge bath when I couldn't access a shower but found that lacking. I saw a number of suggestions for portable solutions on this forum including buying a chemical sprayer with hand pumps for pressure, but couldn't find the ideal fit. However, I found my solution... Nomad Orange Portable Washer, H2O.
They are available in 12v plug in and 18v rechargeable battery models and all hold 3.5 gallons. I first bought the older clearance model, available through Amazon for $90. but the second time I used it the plastic hose fitting on the unit snapped off so I got a refund. I then got the new, improved, top of the line model; $150.-$250.... It can be run off either the rechargeable 18v battery pack or plugged into a 12v socket. (The battery charge is good for 3 refills) The hose connection is on a swivel and recessed and works great. The spray handle has a brass nozzle that is fully adjustable for the ideal spray and a push button locks the spray on so the handle can be hung up. I can fill it in a stream, if needed, (it has a filling filter) and I can heat some water on the stove to be added to the colder water to make it more comfortable. What a treat to have a quick hose down after a long hike or a dip in the ocean, spray off the beach sand... I have even used it to wash my car. I can get shower water almost anywhere so I usually carry the unit empty, saving weight. I'm thrilled. Isn't it amazing the creature comforts we can have in our tiny eggs?
By the way, I have no connection with the company that makes or sells these.
Cheers,
Barrie
HikeSticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
You mean this one ???

Looks neat.
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveAlive View Post
You mean this one ???

Looks neat.
Yes, that's the one I have. It works great for washing my friends dog too.
HikeSticks is offline   Reply With Quote