Portland Escape Trip Journal, October 30-31 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #15
Name: Matt
Trailer: U-Haul VT16, Escape 19
Hey Curt,

We're parked outdoors so I am waiting for the weather to clear, still. We are on the tail end of another string of storm systems that have been rolling through northern California like clockwork. There were a few strings of clear days that lined up with rainy weekends.

Meantime, though the trailer has been great, and I have been taking advantage of the wet weather working from the inside out. We have actually spent about four months living, or at least sleeping, in the Escape while finishing a home remodel.

The only other interior damage encountered so far is the water tank, which got loose inside and has a small of a punch out from impact. And the driver side overhead. The trailer fell hard on the driver side. I am going to have to strip a fair amount of inside upholstery headliner for the repair in the front to ensure that all the delamination is identified between the several obvious exterior cracks.

Be sure to post a new thread for your Bigfoot when you get a chance! We'll compare notes.

Originally Posted by heycurt View Post
I didn't find another thread on your body repairs. I'm hoping for an update on your progress on the Escape. I had commented in the original thread that I had looked at bidding on it at the original auction. I'm curious to hear your progress and perhaps some before (since the old links are gone) and current pictures of the progress. I'm sure several others would be interested.

I'm about to join you in the challenges of similar big time project on a Bigfoot 21 footer. I would love to talk if we can set up a time.

Regards from Texas, Curt
(I'm taking on what will be temporary named the "Tipsy Bigfoot")

Planning our next Escape!
Matt in SV is offline   Reply With Quote