Possibly Purchasing New Scamp 5th Wheel - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-16-2014, 11:57 AM   #15
Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
Mine is a 2004 Deluxe layout A, I am the third owner.
The awning was lost by the second owner, brackets and holes are still there, but I prefer a screen tent, so I am not replacing it.
I do not see much difference between the A, B layouts in functionality.
I would definitely go with the vinyl floor and a runner carpet $75 isn't that much.
Air circulation is definitely an issue and warm air does not rise fast enough to really help here. We made our spring trip to warmer climates, but before we got there, there was one morning with 10F temperature! The loft was COLD, the heat downstairs cycled on/off all night. Upon return, I mounted two 3 inch fans from some old PC power supplies above the bathroom door, so they move the warm air through the big upper storage compartment to the loft. Open the door completely, or partially, as needed. They are turned on by an Aquastat switch (ON at about 110F) which is attached to the upper furnace vent close the wall. The wiring goes through the cabinetry. They start about 20 seconds after the flame lights and stop about five minutes after the flame is out and the duct cools off. Something like this should be a Scamp option. I should write them about it, I am thinking.
I kind of like the bathroom sink.

Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search