Progressive Dynamics PD4035 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #1

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Registry
So in January/February, I carefully reviewed all my options in replacing the orginal Progressive Dynamics charger converter in our Fiber Stream. After looking at many types, I settles on the new Progressive Dynamics PD4035,
http://www.progressivedyn.com/all_in_one_pd4000.html
since it was an all-in-one package with the small power load that we need.

In early March, I contacted Progressive Dynamics. They told me I had to go through their agent in Canada, Foster Gold And Associates.

When I contacted them, they told me to go to any local dealer and have a special order made up, since they had not yet arrived in Canada. I emailed 5 local dealers and never received a response. I went to one, explained my situation, shoed them the website above, and they agreed to order it for me. That was in mid-May. They have been very good about keeping me in the loop. It turns out, that this unit has not even hit the production line yet, and there is no firm date when it might be available!!!!

I have two questions;
1. Has anyone else had this experience with Progressive Dynamics?
2. Any suggestions on alternate units? I am looking for about 35 amps service, with say five-12v circuits and and five-110v circuits. I am also looking for a smart battery charger, and for easy connect to future solar power. I would like to stay with a similar footprint to the PD-4035, which is about 13"W x 9"H x 6"D.

Thanks in advance for any info...

Vic
Victor Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Vic,

Best Converter has the PD 4045 for US $185. I don't know how that compares to the price of the 4035 when it is available.

I've bought three converters from Best and they are easy to do business with. They ship to Canada via USPS Priority International.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote