propane refrigerator - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2008, 11:58 AM   #1

Trailer: 1973 Boler
Unhappy

I'm not interested in dorm fridges or ice boxes, but really want a fully functional 3-way frige that fits in my Boler. The Dometic and Norcolds depth measurements are showing way too deep for my humble counter space. I've got about 17-18+ inches to work with and most new 3-ways seem to push the 21 1/4" depth mark. Have I overlooked something here? I'm curious if the newer Scamps have deeper counter spaces or if the fridges stick way out into the floor space.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts here.

brady hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:06 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
My 2006 Scamp measure 21+ for kitchen cabinet depth. No, the fridge doesn't stick out.

Hope this helps a bit.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:13 PM   #3

Quote:
My 3006 Scamp measure 21+ for kitchen cabinet depth. No, the fridge doesn't stick out.

Hope this helps a bit.

Are you from the future?

Just kidding, thanks for the reply. I'm thinking the newer models have deeper cabinets perhaps.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #4

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
My 2001 Scamp is the same as Byron's.

I think some of the older Scamps would have to respond.

The Scamp factory might have changed the cabinet size when they started putting in refrigerators as compared to just iceboxes. I don't know they may have always had deeper cabinets offering refrigerators or iceboxes from the beginning.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:51 PM   #5

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
1984 Scamp 21"
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...an63/no083.jpg
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:08 PM   #6

from that last pic I'm pretty sure the cabinet is deeper. I think I'l be slicing the cabinet and adding a few inches of counterspace.

Holy smokes it's snowing out!
Old 03-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Talking

You want "a fully functional 3-way frige," we have a 2005 Scamp, when we ordered the larger of the frig options did not have 3-way, only gas and 110AC. Many of the RV's seem to be lacking in 3-way friges these day. Have you checked the sizes of the 2-way friges? The 3-way they had as an option was much smaller than we wanted when we order ours.

I noticed that the jeb stream is stuck up in the northern half of the country with a high pressure down in the southwest. We are 78 degrees sunny with a slight breeze, but it could get up to 10 mph gusting to 21 mph. No snow in the forecast but we could get down to 45 degrees tonight. Same predicted for tomorrow. But man do we need some mosture, it is dry. I take some snow just to get the mosture.
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:03 PM   #8

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
On my 2001 the cabinet with the fridge clearly juts out about 6 inches to accomodate the depth of the fridge.

The Bump out is above the cabinet door at the top.
It looks like they also made the Sink/Stove stick out further to match it.

Mine is the tiny fridge only,no freezer and I think it is two way but I have not tried it yet and I really am not sure.

I think the fridges from the 90's on are all bigger than they used to be.
In all three other eggs I ave hunted for fridges for,I learned they no longer make the small models they used to.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0206.JPG  
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:31 PM   #9

Adrian, THAT was quite an impressive weather report! I feel like there should have been pictures and a five day forecast attached though. The main reason I want the three way is to keep the beer cold in between destintions and not need to run the propane. Sounds like the only option to avoid bodywork and have options is find an old take-out. I think the extra space of a wider cabinet will be good for alot more than just the fridge. More storage, more workspace, bigger fridge...... I need another project on this Boler resto!
Old 03-21-2008, 05:54 PM   #10

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via MSN to Coach George Jessup
There are other options such as turning the refrigerator space you have know into a cabinet and then dropping a refirdgerator into one of the bench seats. No... Im not crazy. Dometic makes 3 way fridges that are like coolers. You load them from the top. 2 different sizes I think. I have a rather old one that has limited inside space but works great.

An outside access door would be handy cause sometimes a long barbaque lighter works better to light it on propane than the spark igniter does. ALSO..... with large enough outside access hatch you could pull the cooler OUT and sit it on the ground outside orrr better yet put it on a shelf rack where you could slide it either forward inside the trailer for easy access to a cold one ANDDDD also be able to slide it outward thru the acess door for easy grab of a brew while your outside.
Coach George Jessup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #11

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
On our 2000 Scamp 16 with the factory installed 4.something cubic foot 'fridge, the fridge sticks into the living area 2 or 3 inches, and this is finished nicely with wood. Take a look at http://scamp.n0kfb.org/Camping/2002/Octobe...ide-forward.jpg , and if you would like a more detailed picture, just let me know.

-- Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:23 PM   #12

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
The fridge in our 13' Boler is out of a '74 pop-up and protrudes about 3" past the counter....about 1 1/2" for fridge and 1 1/2" for door.....I think the original one stuck out about 1 1/2"......It never really been a problem with us.....hard to tell the depth from our webshots as most of the pics are straight on....Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane, refrigerator