propane regularor - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2016, 06:18 PM   #1

Name: Garry
Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Manitoba
propane regularor

I have a 72 boler.
I plan to change the propane regulator as it is 40 years old. I can purchase most of what I need locally but have a question on installation.
I am going to try to attach a picture.
The hose coming out of the camper is metal. I wish to adjust the pipe a bit and put a new connector on the metal pipe. I will put a rubber hose on it (with the regulator attached) and run it to the tank.
How do I attach the new adapter to the metal pipe?
Thanks
Lionel
Attached Thumbnails
Done 3.JPG  
Lionel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:36 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Scamp sells a bulkhead 3/8" double flare fitting to bring the gas line through the shell. The shell fitting makes a good sturdy point to attach your 3/8" flare fitting hose from the regulator. You will have to cut your copper line inside the shell and put a female fitting and flare the copper and attach it to the inside bulkhead fitting. Scamp attaches the single tank regulator to the frame rail with a bracket with screws, then run the rubber hoses from there to the outside bulkhead fitting and tank.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane