Propane Regulator Mounting - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #1

Name: Myke
Trailer: Trail Mite
Washington
Propane Regulator Mounting

I ordered a new propane regulator and hoses from Scamp since the old regulator was shot. The old one screwed directly into the tank. This new one has a hose that goes to the tank, then I bought the hose that goes to the camper. I assumed that I would just drill some holes in the frame on the tongue and mount the regulator there with the vent pointing down, but the hose from the tank to the regulator is too short. Anybody know if there would be a problem just temporarily mounting it to the handle of the tank? I thought I could just zip tie it on there. Any issues with that?
joesuspense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:12 PM   #2

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
The new one ordered is it a vertical or horizontal? If Horizontal you could remove the fitting from the old one and install into the new one. Forget the short hose.
Chuck
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:49 PM   #3

Name: Myke
Trailer: Trail Mite
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTTRV View Post
The new one ordered is it a vertical or horizontal? If Horizontal you could remove the fitting from the old one and install into the new one. Forget the short hose.
Chuck
The new one is horizontal. It's my understanding that they now recommend a 24" hose between the tank and regulator for safety reasons. I've done some tests with it zip tied to the tank handle and that seems to work out OK. I don't plan to keep it permanently mounted on the camper, so I'm cool with it being somewhat janky.
joesuspense is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane