Propane Stove in a U Haul - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #1

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
Propane Stove in a U Haul

In my CT 13 the stove will burn and both sides burn the same. The issue is that the flames are small to me and seem to burn blue and clean, it just takes forever to heat up a can of soup. And don't try and boil enough water to boil five of six eggs. Might be normal, just not sure about it.
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I did not use my original stove, so I can't tell you how well it worked. I put in a new Atwood 2 burner propane stove, and it heats up everything very fast.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Without knowing the history of your trailer I would suggest that could have spider webs inside the lines coming from the regulator to stove. The other is a defective regulator that lowers the line pressure too much. A good shop should be able check both pressure and flow of propane to the stove.

FYI, The Suburban stove top in my Scamp works great. We boil water almost every morning to make coffee. (cone drip) It takes 5 to 8 minutes to get about a quart of water boiling.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:15 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Chris, I've got the original cook top and it heats quickly. Like the others, I think that you must have an obstruction or low pressure from the regulator. The spiders love to create tiny webs in propane devices, for some odd reason.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #5

Georgia
Registry
I put on a new regulator so I would hope that's not it. The heater seems to work good as long as its on shore power. Off the batterie it seems like it is not getting enough power to open the gas valve all the way. Maybe this is a sign of low psi or flow there too. Thanks for the answers. Looks like I have some lines o clean and a regulator to have tested.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
I put on a new regulator so I would hope that's not it. The heater seems to work good as long as its on shore power. Off the batterie it seems like it is not getting enough power to open the gas valve all the way. Maybe this is a sign of low psi or flow there too. Thanks for the answers. Looks like I have some lines o clean and a regulator to have tested.
I made my own manometer with a piece of clear tubing filled with water to set my regulator. If the furnace is also not working properly, that is one more reason to suspect gas supply.

http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/manometer/
Old 09-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #7

Georgia
Registry
Well made me a man o meter or what ever you call it. Looks like I have 12 1/4 with nothing else on. Turn on the stove and heater it drops to 12 even. Stove lists 11 inches as what it needs.

The issue with the heater was a miss adjusted spark unit and a burner that needed to be cleaned. So with the adjustment and alignment the heater fires every time without fail!

Thanks for the help and advise. I do have the CO Meter installed as well as a smoke detecter. S now that its cooling off I will have no worries about keeping warm.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #8

Chris, great to hear that it worked out for you. What was wrong with the cook top stove?
Old 09-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #9

Georgia
Registry
Was told it is working fine. I think it should have a better flame but it is 4,000 btu per burner and the fella that looked at it said that it was running properly. He said it wasn't a blow torch! Guess I was looking for too much.