Propane stove issues - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2019, 06:45 PM   #21

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burroman View Post
Yeah, and cheaper just to buy a new regulator.
You can build a manometer for next to nothing. Ask Jon.

And its good to do all the tests, with a new or an old regulator. Its about having a working system AND a safe one.

My experience is limited but to the extent it exist, I have found that new propane regs are often not properly adjusted when you buy them, even though they are said to be adjusted at the factory.

it is important it is to have a well working AND SAFE propane system on you camper. How you go about it is up to you.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 05:52 PM   #22

Name: Larry
Trailer: Burro
California
Maybe found problem.
On a recent trip to the desert I noticed the stove burning feebly, then sometimes great. Checked pressure with manometer- perfect. New propane bottle.
Took stove top off the clean the pan under the burners and found about a 1/8” of water pooled there.
I’d been leaving a teapot, bungeed to the burner and it had residual water that appeared to have vibrated out and doused the burners. Pretty lame on my part.
Let’s see how thing go this trip to the desert!
Burroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:29 AM   #23

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
50 or more years of propane use

I have had propane for over 60 years in houses we have rented or owned. Never problem with propane. I have hooked up new ranges, water heaters, stoves they all work as advertised! I have never had a need for any sort of meters!

Put 2 different stoves in our Scamp both worked flawlessly! My experiences if you smell gas get to looking there is not that many connections!

I have never found anything in a camper that didn't do its job! Our camper is 40 years old not one problem.

Your problem with your stove is a strange one and you solved it!

bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
You can build a manometer for next to nothing. Ask Jon.

And its good to do all the tests, with a new or an old regulator. Its about having a working system AND a safe one.

My experience is limited but to the extent it exist, I have found that new propane regs are often not properly adjusted when you buy them, even though they are said to be adjusted at the factory.

it is important it is to have a well working AND SAFE propane system on you camper. How you go about it is up to you.
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane