Propane Y-adaptor? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2008, 11:48 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Hi gang:

I'm new to all this and naively thought this would be easy to get. What I'd like to do is find some kind of Y-adapter that would let me use my 20lb propane tank to run both my Trillium's requirements (fridge + stove) and my portable camp stove. I know I can do that now with the adapter hose I bought, but I don't want to have to disconnect the Trillium from the tank whenever I want to use my camp stove to cook outside. Ideally, I guess what I'd need is a Y-adapter that has two female sockets and one male plug, all of the standard (POL?) variety. Anyone seen such a thing?

Thanks,
Gary
Gary Seronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #2

Trailer: Triple E TM14
If you go to any RV or propane supply store you can by a Tee. I have seen them for both the standard propane fitting and the smaller stile (like on a lantern or stove).

Mark B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Yes, I think the T fitting is more readily available than a Y. They are fairly easily made (if you are the least bit handy) but should be 'approved' by a qualified fitter before use. (always air on the side of safety....) We have one on the front of our Trillium (was there when I purchased the trailer, so I just left it on. In B.C., when a used R/V is sold (I'd guess especially from any dealer) the rig needs to be re-certified....I know ours did anyway. Cheap insurance for possible gas/electrical issues.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:08 PM   #4

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi Gary,

We are planning to do the exact same thing. We have dual tanks and I want to run one tank to the trailer for fridge / stove and one for our camp stove and a propane lamp.

They have y split adapters at crappy tire for $25 in the camp stove isle. They also have 8' extension propane hoses to get to your stove from the tank for $40. I think both are over the top expensive so maybe lordco has them for cheaper. If you do find them for a better price please let us know.

Personally I would not make my own, but I am a wimp that way =)
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:05 PM   #5

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Booker, making a simple T is EASY. Consisting mainly of buying the brass fitting you require and some pipefitters tape (like plumbers tape) and fitting it together. MAKING a hose with appropriate fittings IS a horse of a different cloor!!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane