Proper Decal Font for 1971 Boler? - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-04-2014, 10:22 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Name: Michaela
Trailer: Boler
Manitoba
Posts: 3
Proper Decal Font for 1971 Boler?

Hi all - we just bought a 1971 Boler and are in the process of renovating. I am looking to replace our decal, a past owner put a vinyl decal but it is not in Boler font. I have found some decals, but I am wondering which font is right for the year?? I know some Boler's have the actual metal name plate, but not sure if those came earlier or later. Any ideas would be great, I have had no luck so far trying to figure this out.
__________________

__________________
Michaela and Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:50 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Boler, like so many other companies, didn't use a commercial font. There's some info in the Document Center that may help you: Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Boler

The closest font I've ever found is Dax Pro Wide Extra Bold, available at My Fonts: https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/fontfo...de-extra-bold/


Name:   DaxPro.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  15.1 KB

Maybe someone has found something better...
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:12 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Rick Mooyman's Avatar
 
Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Posts: 962
Registry
The metal plate was used on early Bolers. I think it was in the mid 70's that they went to the decal. It is your camper and so you can do what ever you like. Attached you will find a pic of the metal boler plate and a PDF (Hope it attaches) of the decals that you can take to a sign maker.

Rick

[ATTACH]BolerLogoArt.pdf[/ATTACH]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaela and Bryce View Post
Hi all - we just bought a 1971 Boler and are in the process of renovating. I am looking to replace our decal, a past owner put a vinyl decal but it is not in Boler font. I have found some decals, but I am wondering which font is right for the year?? I know some Boler's have the actual metal name plate, but not sure if those came earlier or later. Any ideas would be great, I have had no luck so far trying to figure this out.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:20 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
FYI, Rick attached the same PDF that I referenced in the Document Center. Nice to see it available!
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:28 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Rick Mooyman's Avatar
 
Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Posts: 962
Registry
I want to take the upper one with the maple leaf and blow it up big enough and put it on my front window rock guard.
__________________
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:41 AM   #6
Commercial Member
 
KevinPete's Avatar
 
Name: Kevin
Trailer: 1995 Scamp 13
Pennsylvania
Posts: 260
Registry
I can try doing a trace on the logo to see if I can make it cuttable, if anyone is interested. Is the leaf red in the original, or is it all black?
__________________
KevinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinPete View Post
I can try doing a trace on the logo to see if I can make it cuttable, if anyone is interested. Is the leaf red in the original, or is it all black?
Kevin, you don't need to do a trace of the logo, it's provided in the PDF Rick provided and to the link I put in my other post.... The maple leaf is in the PDF also.
Attached Thumbnails
bolerlogo.jpg  
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:46 AM   #8
Commercial Member
 
KevinPete's Avatar
 
Name: Kevin
Trailer: 1995 Scamp 13
Pennsylvania
Posts: 260
Registry
Donna, the logo needs a clean outline to be cuttable, I already did a trace and cleanup, it seems like it would cut fine now, but I'll make a test to make sure. The PDF is a bunch of paths, my cutter treats each one as something to cut, I have to convert the file so there is one vector outline for each shape. Once I have a good file, I can make it any size and cut it in any material I want.

Was wondering what color the maple leaf is on the original decals, might look better in red, with black or other color text.
__________________
KevinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:53 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Yes Kevin, I too know the difference between vector and raster
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinPete View Post

Was wondering what color the maple leaf is on the original decals, might look better in red, with black or other color text.
well I am not sure the early trailers in the 70's had the maple leaf in the logo but if you go to the Documents center and down load the the owners manual for 1980 you will see the logo used on that had a red maple leaf - No surprise there! LOL
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:46 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Rick Mooyman's Avatar
 
Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Posts: 962
Registry
Maple Leaf is Red and the letters are Black.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinPete View Post
Donna, the logo needs a clean outline to be cuttable, I already did a trace and cleanup, it seems like it would cut fine now, but I'll make a test to make sure. The PDF is a bunch of paths, my cutter treats each one as something to cut, I have to convert the file so there is one vector outline for each shape. Once I have a good file, I can make it any size and cut it in any material I want.

Was wondering what color the maple leaf is on the original decals, might look better in red, with black or other color text.
__________________

__________________
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
boler


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
boler emblem font Lizbeth Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 25 02-01-2017 09:47 AM
Dettached font panel on 5th wheel llmax Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 1 04-21-2013 06:38 AM
Scamp Font? Sheryl M Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 6 09-22-2010 12:05 PM
Boler Font davearcher General Chat 1 06-28-2009 05:20 PM
Replacement graphics - Font? Don Soulsby Modifications, Alterations and Updates 5 04-24-2007 01:29 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.