Propex Heaters - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2015, 02:51 PM   #1

Name: Randy J.
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Propex Heaters

In an earlier post I said that we were getting along just fine without our old decrepit propane furnace which we removed for safety. We use a small electric heater which has kept us comfortable down to 3 degrees C. But a new (to me) product is making me reconsider. Propex propane fired heaters are imported from Britain and according to my e-mail traffic with their customer support - are fully liscenced in Canada. They are quite small, small enough I think to fit inside a Trillium or similar egg or - and get this THERE IS A MODEL THAT MOUNTS OUTSIDE! Below is a link to their outside mount which goes for around 800 dollars - not cheap but in line with others. AND IT DOESN'T TAKE UP SPACE. As I say, I'm only considering it. I'm going to wait another year, to see how we do as is.

Does anyone have any experience with this company/heater? HS2211 Furnace • Propane underfloor heater from Propex
Randy J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:07 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
At $800 it would be a real pity if it got scraped off the bottom by a rock or curb.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:33 PM   #3

Name: Clayton
Trailer: 1975 Trillium
Alberta
Registry
Hey Randy, I really want one as well! I was actually trying to find a used one which are impossible to find. There have been a couple of the Propex HS2000 (inside mounted) heaters that are used on the UK eBay site but they won't ship to Canada.
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:02 PM   #4

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
I have the inside mounted style, while Denny (McDenny)Wolfe has the outside mounted one. Click on my avatar then go to my albums to see how I fit it under a cupboard. I believe if you do a search on this site you will probably find discussions about these.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:53 AM   #5

Ontario
David, looks pretty slick! Reading on the sales website, it appears that service/parts support might be single source. Have you checked to see if it can be serviced/repaired by your local RV place?
Randy
Old 04-16-2016, 06:39 AM   #6

Ontario
Sounds like yours may be newer and safer than mine was and you have the tech savvy - good luck.

I decided to wait to see how much cool weather boon-docking we'd do before springing for a new furnace. And the difficulty is also finding one small enough to fit in Little Green Trillium. I started a thread last year on Propex. Seems that two of our members have them (see quote below). My only concern is that there seems only one dealer in Canada. They tell me that the little system is built to be installed by owners but I don't know about servicing. I'd want to sort that out. Tom from Trillium parts suggest I might spend the 800 dollars on gas, instead to pull Little Green somewhere warm

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
I have the inside mounted style, while Denny (McDenny)Wolfe has the outside mounted one. Click on my avatar then go to my albums to see how I fit it under a cupboard. I believe if you do a search on this site you will probably find discussions about these.
Dave & Paula