Protective bed covering? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2016, 01:37 PM   #1

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Protective bed covering?

In my old trailer I used a throw that came from Costco and had berber fleece on one side and a thick jacquard fabric on the other. It went over the bed to keep it clean in case the dogs hung out there during the day, and stayed in place nicely. It's getting old and also is too small for the full sized bed in the Escape. Any suggestions for a replacement? I want something that will stay in place, ideally a throw rather than something I have to tuck in, and somewhat either water resistant or absorbent.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:55 PM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
In my old trailer I used a throw that came from Costco and had berber fleece on one side and a thick jacquard fabric on the other. It went over the bed to keep it clean in case the dogs hung out there during the day, and stayed in place nicely. It's getting old and also is too small for the full sized bed in the Escape. Any suggestions for a replacement? I want something that will stay in place, ideally a throw rather than something I have to tuck in, and somewhat either water resistant or absorbent.
Buy a twin size two layer microfiber blanket from Fred Meyers. It should be similar in warmth to the one you now have but still be wide enough to cover the full size bed as a throw that does not hang out over the edge too much.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 11:12 AM   #3

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I "Googled" "car dog throw" and came up with quite a few throws that are waterproof on the bottom and comfy on top. These are especially made for dogs. https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...FQGUfgodPw8DEA In addition, perhaps a picnic blanket would work. Many of them are a blanket on top and a waterproof layer below.

You don't say the dimensions of your bed. I would cut a larger blanket to size and finish the edges. I might suggest sewing diagonal bands of 1" elastic in each corner to anchor the blanket without having to tuck it in. If you don't sew, your alterations tailor at your cleaners could do this or a handy friend who sews.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 11:55 AM   #4

Registry
I've ordered a couple of things- nothing is thick enough. It's not easy to tuck things around the mattress so I don't want to have to do that. But apparently the type I had hasn't been around for awhile as I mentioned it on Facebook and my friends who had had them also lamented it! I did find some waterproof throws that I can use so I'll see how they work. THey are just much lighter-weight than the one I'm replacing.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:30 PM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Couch cover

Bobbie, I've seen a dog seat cover in Ross, of all places. They usually have some in stock. They are meant to go over an SUV back seat bench to protect the fabric. There were some fasteners. Anyway, if you are near a Ross store, you might see if they have one in.

When are you going to post photos of your 'new' Escape in the registry? If you posted here, I guess I missed them.

Thanks,
Fran
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:28 PM   #6

Registry
Actually I'm halfway through machine quilting a denim quilt for the bed in the Escape. I'll get some pictures up eventually but here are a few. After taking these I moved the cargo carrier closer to the bumper by about 8". You can see in the bed pic the need for something that isn't easily messed up! Right now the trailer is in my friend's open barn for the windy months after a strong breeze in December turned it sideways in my driveway. (I need to redo the garage door so it can go in.)

I love the Escape.
Attached Thumbnails
14976716_10100938897583821_8113728801919857171_o (1).jpg   14917203_10100937499460671_6582683521502098566_o.jpg  

14976446_10100937499445701_1913800338187692643_o (1).jpg  
Old 02-25-2017, 11:35 PM   #7

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Denim is tough, and it will be comfortable for your pups. They look very happy on that bed!

The Escape looks great; I can see why you love it. The winds out there can get fierce; wow, blowing your trailer around! Yes, good move to get it inside until you move it into your garage.

Thanks for posting the photos.

Many happy travels!
Fran
francene is offline   Reply With Quote