Pumping water - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #1

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Pumping water

Somewhere on this site, I read something about people who had ben at Quartzsite bought a nifty hand (?) pump to pump water in/out of their units. I could not locate the brand of pump and wonder if anyone here could provide more info? When I dry camp, I would like to take along an extra 5 gallons, but have no way to get it into the tank in the Scamp.
Alice

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #2

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot 13'
Oregon
Registry
I don't know if they had something like this but I think this would work. I just bought one locally for another project.
1st Auto 3-In-1 Siphon Pump - Automotive - Car Care & Detailing - Chemicals, Fluids & Lubricants
MsRubyLu-Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallo View Post
Somewhere on this site, I read something about people who had ben at Quartzsite bought a nifty hand (?) pump to pump water in/out of their units. I could not locate the brand of pump and wonder if anyone here could provide more info? When I dry camp, I would like to take along an extra 5 gallons, but have no way to get it into the tank in the Scamp.
Alice

1..How do you fill your fresh water tank at the moment? Mine has a gravity fed port. Take two 2.5 gallon containers of extra water and just pour it in.

2..If you don't have a bathroom, the 12 gallons should last several days with a bit of care. I've gone close to 2 weeks without refilling.

Generally speaking most people use way too much water both at an anchored home and camping.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #4

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 19
California
I carry a large funnel with a long flexible nozzle for filling from jerry cans.