Push-button drawer pulls - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2008, 10:46 PM   #1

Trailer: 1970 Campster
I can't seem to find the locking drawer pulls that you need to push the button in the middle to get the latch to unlock. They work really well at keeping your drawers and cabinets shut during travel. Has anyone found a good source for these?

Thanks so much for your assistance!
Lisa H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Perris Pacer
They're called positive latches, and they're spendy and not many to choose from (not many still being manufactured) in the RV world. I got mine from FSI,

http://www.folandsales.com/catalog.asp?pro...;showprevnext=1

but if there is a Grainger or McKillican American in your neck of the woods, they likely will have a few more to choose from.
Angelo F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #3

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Look at the bottom of this Rufkahrs catalog page. They sell a variety of positive latches. Scoll down to the bottom and you'll find two knob-like latches. The "L-5100" is, I think, the same latch that Casita uses on their trailers. I bought a half dozen SL-9291 latches (at the bottom of the page). They are a smaller knob 2/3 the diameter (which feels half as big) of the Casita latch; I felt they look and feel too petite, so I used another solution when I put new doors in my Scamp. (Rufkhars didn't carry the larger latch at the time.)
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:29 AM   #4

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Lisa H,
I purchased some direct from Casita about 3 years ago. They were switching to that style after having some problems with those used previously. As Peterh mentioned, they are somewhat pricey, but it doesn't hurt to have more than one price quote!

Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:46 PM   #5

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe

We are looking for the cupboard latches for our 2002 Casita. They are the kind that you squeeze to open...

Any ideas where we could get them.
Attached Thumbnails
100_0007_IMG.JPG  
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:28 AM   #6

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
CarolnJim,
Has Casita quit carrying them? They've had them in the past.
In the hazy recesses of my mind, I seem to recall that they were unique to Casita and there was a problem when the original manufacturer stopped making them. Another company tried to make them, but created defective latches. While that issue was being dealt with, was when the (then) new push-button style latch was introduced. Eventually better latches, which didn't break, were produced and the problems were corrected.
Maybe someone can adjust my memory if it has not served me well.

We wish you success, and please share the results of your search...!
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #7

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Thanks Kurt and Ann

I had heard that they no longer had them, so I didn't check it out myself. I phoned them today and ordered 5 of them - they only have the part that you see on the door.. the latch part they are out of - and probably will never have again. They have to order thousands of them at a time.

But they still have over a thousand of the part we needed.. so just in case we break more on our 2002 Liberty, we decided to order five. They are $3.00 each plus shipping.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #8

Trailer: 1970 Campster
Quote:
I bought a half dozen SL-9291 latches (at the bottom of the page). They are a smaller knob 2/3 the diameter (which feels half as big) of the Casita latch; I felt they look and feel too petite, so I used another solution when I put new doors in my Scamp. (Rufkhars didn't carry the larger latch at the time.)
The ones you bought are the closest thing to what I was looking for but it bothers me that they are nickel painted plastic. The latches that were on our old Fleetwood motorhome a hundred years ago were metal and had a metal button in the center of the knob that you pushed to unlock the drawer. How durable do you think the larger latches are? Do they look as cheesey in real life as they sound? Even the larger ones seem small to me. I wish they were metal!
Lisa H. is offline   Reply With Quote