Quality differences between brands? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2019, 02:08 PM   #41

Name: Brad
Trailer: Interested
Montana
Casita

For the price and size dollar for dollar Casita is the answer.You will see more for sale and have more to choose from.At the Rally in Quartzite Casita far outnumbered any other eggs there.There are several reasons for that but the one answer you are looking for is the main one.
Montana Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 02:23 PM   #42

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebCost View Post
My friend has a new Escape, it has alot of great features on it but I would need to get a Passport to buy a new one and I’m still happy with my 2014 Casita SD 17.
Happy Hunting!
Debi C.
No passport needed. New trailers are imported into the United States for US buyers. OR, you can have it delivered. You don't NEED to step foot across the border if you don't want to.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 02:48 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
This may be the Passport referred to.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 1.46.48 PM.jpg  
Old 04-20-2019, 04:41 PM   #44

Name: Babs
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Remember

Don’t forget that no matter what brand you get, the components will likely be made by the same suppliers. You’ll most likely have a Thetford toilet, a Dometic or Coleman air conditioner, a Suburban furnace, a Dometic refrigerator, etc., etc., etc. the vast majority of problems you will have will involve those components and not the “camper.” Although fiberglass shell and frame problems are possible with any of them, the appliances and components have the same risk of problems no matter which camper you put them in.
Rockytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:54 AM   #45

Name: Glen
Trailer: Casita 17' Liberty Delux ...sold
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
How about posting a link to this RV consumer group?
The link is RV.org.
It is a subscription site.
glens2422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:21 AM   #46

Name: Mickey
Trailer: 18EC W&P Toy Hauler
Oklahoma
Quality and floor plan were our priority factors. We toured the Oliver plant and were very impressed with the quality but we wanted the walk around queen bed. We settled on the Bigfoot 25B25RQ. The quality is equal to Oliver and the walk around queen bed clenched the deal. We are really satisfied with our choice.

My best advice is to list your priorities and start shopping. Also, buy the one you want. Splurge if the price is a little higher than you want. You will be happier with your decision in the end.

Good luck and happy shopping
Old 04-21-2019, 10:05 AM   #47

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
No passport needed. New trailers are imported into the United States for US buyers. OR, you can have it delivered. You don't NEED to step foot across the border if you don't want to.

You are Correct Donna. If you make a trip into Canada where the Escape is made, your dollar is worth 30% more. Don't know what import duties would be. However, Donna's point is least hassles. Our friends ordered an Escape and waited for a year to pick it up due to demand. I have a 76 boler still in good shape, we re doing some minor renovations so we can pull it behind the 51 Chevy pickup hubby is doing up. As most have said a fg (egg) will last a very long time. Good luck DebiT in your search.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:12 AM   #48

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Overall there all great trailers with some marked differences and prices that go with them.
In the case of Bigfoot newer units are true four season trailers, they are also the widest giving a spacious feel inside, the down side is gas mileage will suffer due to the frontal area resistance. Overall build is top notch.
Newer units also weigh far more than earlier units.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:28 AM   #49

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
Depends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
I think this is a Ford/Chevy question. Which is better?
Jaguar!

or Ford (but it depends on the model)

or Chevy (again, depends on the model)

Attached Thumbnails
XKE 6x4 @144.jpg   1930_Model_A.JPG  

vette.jpg  
Doctor Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:35 PM   #50

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
I've had a Tacoma and now I have an F250, and the F250 is a much better truck for hauling, long distances, etc. a Tundra is roughly equiv to a basic F150 (not the new extended payload model), but its light years from a F250 for heavy loads. And the f250 is quite comfortable on road trips, even if its a bit big for parking and squeezing into tight spaces. The Ford 7.3 diesel engine is as solid and reliable as the Toyota 4.0 V6. the SuperDuty interior is far more spacious and roomy than the Tacoma, and not as bouncy.
I watched a youtube video the other day about the best 5 tow vehicles ever built
The Ford F-250 with the 7.3 liter diesel made the list .
According to them the 7.3 liter diesel engine was bulletproof
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote