question re: running lights - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
question re: running lights

Hi - question about running lights. My Boler's break lights and turning signals are working well, but running lights don't come on. Are they required in Alberta for a trailer this size? I'm going to spend some time checking into this over the weekend, but wondering if anyone can shed some light on this one for me in advance.. maybe they aren't meant to?

dave

Oh and I'll add, they're just standard LED trailer lights.. The plate light isnt coming on either, so maybe that's playing a factor. Thanks for any advice - zero experience in this area.
dmcclure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcclure View Post
Hi - question about running lights. My Boler's break lights and turning signals are working well, but running lights don't come on. Are they required in Alberta for a trailer this size? I'm going to spend some time checking into this over the weekend, but wondering if anyone can shed some light on this one for me in advance.. maybe they aren't meant to?

dave

Oh and I'll add, they're just standard LED trailer lights.. The plate light isnt coming on either, so maybe that's playing a factor. Thanks for any advice - zero experience in this area.
I suspect that if you take that trailer out on the road at night without running lights you will find out in a hurry that they are required.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
haha - yes, Carol, I laughed at myself for such an obvious comment.. i do still wonder what the deal is with these lights, but recognize without providing more detail on the configuration i have going, folks wont be able to help much.. once ive actually got in there to investigate i'll post again
dmcclure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Sorry I couldn't help myself! ;-)

Your running lights and plate light should all be on the same wire -mostly likely green wire. Check to make sure you have power on the car side of the green wire connection - if not you may have some corrosion on your plug in - if you have power it could be corrosion or dirt on the trailer plug or possible the wire is loose at the trailer harness.....
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights