So I am finally a member of the "Scamp" family, having just bought a very nice very clean 1980 scamp
13 footer. It is perfect for me, with the exception of the scamps despirate need for storage space, but I will work on that.
What is perfect for me is the elephant skin interior, in very very good shape and the vinyl covered seats. Some cleaning and detailing and minor fixes here and there are in order, but It is awesome.
Here is a liting of some of the things I would like some guidance on.
1) The lettering on one side is almost entirely gone. You can see a raised white outline, but no coloring. Is it possible that the layer with the color came off and the lower layers are still there. I dont think that it has been painted over. Here is a photo, and if you look closely, you can see the outline of the slightly raised lettering.
2) Both the front and back windows
have horrible looking white silicone at the bottom, and they still leak a little in the inside. Is it necessary to replace the entire strip, or can I cut a 8-10 inch piece and just splice it into the bottom (or is this just asking for trouble? See the picture I posted at the bottom for # 11, you can see what I am talking about.
3) I really like the elephant skin, and plan to do some cleaning, I assume it originally had tape over the seams, but I think i prefer it without the tape. There are some areas where they need a little touchup in between the panels, will white silicone caulking work. Maybe the paintable kind. And am I in any danger of the panels pealing if I dont have the seam tape?
4) What type of trim goes around the skylight, mine is missing?
5) The bolts which hold the cabinets etc are rusty on the inside, and I replace them. On the inside are they supposed to be exposed, do they get caps, or something else. Dont think i have seen a good detailed shot of what they are "supposed" to look like.
6) Is the wiring to the kitchen lamp really supposed to look like this?
7) This is the bottom of my entry door. I dont know if I can inject some sort of adhesive and draw a vacuum on this. Has anyone here dealt with this issue before?
8) What is my refridgerator door latch supposed to look like?
10) This is the inside of my stove, there is supposed to be a springloaded clip here to help secure the lid, what does lt look like and does anyone know where I can find a couple replacements? It is a Vitreous model # 43-26
11) This is the bottom of my front window, I left a comment about the silicon above , but what is this white tape covering, what is supposed to go there, was something removed. it it part of the rock guard. . no clue here <_<
THANK YOU EVERYONE! This is a wonderful forum.
Here is alink to my other photos (so far, cuz I know everyone loves photos)
1980 Scamp Pre Cleanup - a set on Flickr