Questions on new 16' Scamp - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-28-2006, 11:01 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 2005 Scamp
Posts: 4
I just bought a new 05 Scamp never used. Since there is no manual and no info on the net I'm just winging it. To add to my ignorance, this is my first trailer ever. Can someone please tell me how to drain the water out of my shower pan please? For future reference, I will be remodeling this Egg, by replacing all the cabinet doors, cushions, lights, wierd twisted brace next to the cook top, table tops. I'm in San Diego so soon I will be selling these new parts locally. Thanks in advance for any info. I did see the solar info and thank you guys for that, because I am assembling a photo voltaic sytem to add. Thanks. Les
__________________

__________________
yakimovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:20 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Al & Cindy K's Avatar
 
Name: Al
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
Posts: 403
Les, welcome aboard.

The shower drain uses a 12V pump to move water from the basin back to the gray water tank. There should be a rocker switch on the wall to the right above the john. You should be able to hear the pump when you flip it on.

Congratulations on your new camper. Keep us posted with pics and descriptions of your mods.

Al
__________________

__________________
Al & Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:18 AM   #3
Member
 
Trailer: Scamp
Posts: 73
Quote:
I just bought a new 05 Scamp never used. Since there is no manual and no info on the net I'm just winging it. To add to my ignorance, this is my first trailer ever. Can someone please tell me how to drain the water out of my shower pan please? For future reference, I will be remodeling this Egg, by replacing all the cabinet doors, cushions, lights, wierd twisted brace next to the cook top, table tops. I'm in San Diego so soon I will be selling these new parts locally. Thanks in advance for any info. I did see the solar info and thank you guys for that, because I am assembling a photo voltaic sytem to add. Thanks. Les
There should be a copy of manual on the scamp site or the yahoo group scampers
__________________
bdiscount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:01 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 2005 Scamp
Posts: 4
Quote:
Les, welcome aboard.

The shower drain uses a 12V pump to move water from the basin back to the gray water tank. There should be a rocker switch on the wall to the right above the john. You should be able to hear the pump when you flip it on.

Congratulations on your new camper. Keep us posted with pics and descriptions of your mods.

Al
Thanks for the reply Al.
__________________
yakimovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:02 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 2005 Scamp
Posts: 4
Quote:
There should be a copy of manual on the scamp site or the yahoo group scampers
I didn't find a manual on the web site and haven't looked at the yahoo groups. Thanks for the reply. Les
__________________
yakimovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:13 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Byron Kinnaman's Avatar
 
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Posts: 6,307
Registry
I'm sure you can get the manual by calling Scamp. They've always been very helpful when ever I've called. The appliance manuals you'll have to get from the individual manufacturer. Most have a download site for the manuals.
__________________
Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:48 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Thanks to Dan (and Dawn)...who are members, we have a Scamp manual link to their site...this is also on the Helpful-Links page:

Scamp Manual
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:51 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 2005 Scamp
Posts: 4
Quote:
Thanks to Dan (and Dawn)...who are members, we have a Scamp manual link to their site...this is also on the Helpful-Links page:

Scamp Manual
Thank you Les
__________________
yakimovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:53 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
John & Sandy M's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft
Posts: 130
Quote:
I just bought a new 05 Scamp never used. Since there is no manual and no info on the net I'm just winging it. To add to my ignorance, this is my first trailer ever. Can someone please tell me how to drain the water out of my shower pan please? For future reference, I will be remodeling this Egg, by replacing all the cabinet doors, cushions, lights, wierd twisted brace next to the cook top, table tops. I'm in San Diego so soon I will be selling these new parts locally. Thanks in advance for any info. I did see the solar info and thank you guys for that, because I am assembling a photo voltaic sytem to add. Thanks. Les
The shower has a 12V 1 gpm pump with a rocker switch on the curb side wall. The pump is very small and easily clogged. It's easy enough to clean but a real pain in the rear to remove/replace. I finally resorted to using a in-line strainer between the shower and the pump and havn't had any additional problems (if the strainer clogs the filter bowl unscrews for cleaning).
__________________

__________________
John & Sandy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
scamp


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Questions on the Scamp 5th Wheel Tony L General Chat 11 10-05-2008 08:04 PM
Questions on the 16' Scamp William Lee Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 1 05-02-2008 08:55 PM
Questions about Scamp 5th wheel Frank G. Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 17 03-07-2007 11:35 PM
13' Scamp Questions padowd General Chat 8 09-05-2006 01:05 PM
Got myself a 77 Scamp, Got questions, too! Legacy Posts Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 21 12-21-2002 02:45 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.