Rain Deflector for Burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2011, 11:16 AM   #1

Name: Alan
Trailer: 1983 Burro 13r
Kansas
Registry
Rain Deflector for Burro

For reasons too lengthy to mention, I have rainwater coming in over the door of my 1983 Burro 13. Various attempts of sealing the door have not been successful. I have seen rain diverters on some Burro-like trailers that are made of metal that look like they pop-rivet into the shell.

I would appreciate any info about where I can locate this item. I have the feeling it doesn't exist as an aftermarket part, so if anyone has had any experience with solving this problem, that would be much appreciated.
Alan C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
You could try Scamp parts, that might work on your Burro, or maybe a auto vent shade sunroof deflector would work.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #3

Trailer: 1980 Burro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan C. View Post
For reasons too lengthy to mention, I have rainwater coming in over the door of my 1983 Burro 13. Various attempts of sealing the door have not been successful. I have seen rain diverters on some Burro-like trailers that are made of metal that look like they pop-rivet into the shell.

I would appreciate any info about where I can locate this item. I have the feeling it doesn't exist as an aftermarket part, so if anyone has had any experience with solving this problem, that would be much appreciated.
If you go to the document center and look at the 1981 Burro manual part 3 on page 22 it shows a glue on rubber drip cap that is installed over the doorway. I have not looked for a similar rubber molding yet, but that is what I am planning on using as part of my Burro restoration. I would not want to drill holes to mount a metal drip edge.

Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Burro
Andy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Like this?
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Should be available at just about any RV parts place. I guess this is what you're talking about: External Drip Cap

If you're NOT interested in putting holes in your Burro for rivets, check out EZ-Gutter, it's also available in ten foot lengths from Camping World: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...system-10/1782
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:35 PM   #6

Kansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
You could try Scamp parts, that might work on your Burro, or maybe a auto vent shade sunroof deflector would work.
Thanks, Greg. Both good suggestions. I'll check it out.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #7

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Should be available at just about any RV parts place. I guess this is what you're talking about: External Drip Cap
I actually have this link sitting on my desk top for something I need to order for my Trillium....If you end up ordering this particular one before I do can you please tell me what you think of the quality and I will do the vice-versa.....Thanks! Emily
Emily R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #8

Kansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
If you go to the document center and look at the 1981 Burro manual part 3 on page 22 it shows a glue on rubber drip cap that is installed over the doorway. I have not looked for a similar rubber molding yet, but that is what I am planning on using as part of my Burro restoration. I would not want to drill holes to mount a metal drip edge.

Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Burro
I originally used a rubber type of drip cap but even keeping the trailer covered during non-use, the rubber cracked and deteriorated. This time I need something more durable and I think I have found it at Scamp parts, thanks to a suggestion by Greg.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #9

Kansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily R. View Post
I actually have this link sitting on my desk top for something I need to order for my Trillium....If you end up ordering this particular one before I do can you please tell me what you think of the quality and I will do the vice-versa.....Thanks! Emily
I ordered the drip cap from Scamp parts. Looks like it will work on the Burro. I'll let you know how it works out; however probably won't be installing it for a few months or so. The link provided shows a selection of various lengths which could be an advantage depending on the area you want to cover.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:52 PM   #10

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan C. View Post
I originally used a rubber type of drip cap but even keeping the trailer covered during non-use, the rubber cracked and deteriorated. This time I need something more durable and I think I have found it at Scamp parts, thanks to a suggestion by Greg.
My good deed for the day, you.re welcome Alan.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro