Random Issues - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2010, 09:00 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 13 ft Scamp
Just got back from our first weekend outing and a few questions occurred to me:

What good are the little locking mechanisms on Scamp's sliding windows? I don't see that they do anything to keep the windows in place.

Do others have the problem of the escape hatch/roof vent coming open when traveling? I used a clip for closing potato chip bags this trip and it kept it from happening.

Has anyone installed a check valve in their water line? We have a hand pump and it seems like you've got to pump it ten times to prime it whenever you want water.

This was our first trip with a Wave 3 catalytic heater installed below the wardrobe door. It was wonderful not to have a noisy blower kicking on and off all night. We kept the heater on low and a couple windows cracked and stayed comfortable with temps in the mid-20s outside.

Jeff
Jeff Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:16 AM   #2

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
The little locking mechanisms ony work when you have the window all the way closed. There've been a few times when I thought I'd latched mine shut, but had missed the mark.

And like you, one of my roof vent/hatch covers do sometimes open an inch or two while we're underway. It only happens occsionally, so I haven't worried about it.

And I'm glad to hear about your experience with a Wave 3. I'll be installing one in our Scamp 5er soon, and hope we have as good a luck with it keeping our trailer warm (and quiet) at night.
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:27 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Yeah the vent on my Scamp likes to "auto-open" when under tow. I use a similar solution. It's a KISS solution and works and then I don't worry about it. Same with the windows, making sure the windows are "locked" sure can keep the dust out!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote