Reading lights-looking for 12V (non-halogen)-maybe LED'S? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-20-2007, 07:46 PM   #29

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2009 Escape ('Suite Escape")
California
Registry
Quote:
We're looking for 12V lights to mount in each inside corner of our soon-to-be delivered Escape 17'-trying to find something that would be useful as reading/accent lights, preferably with the ability to swivel (goosenecks would be really nice). Have found some great looking halogen one's, however we're trying to stay away from halogen lights in the trailer due to the amount of heat they put out. Can anyone suggest anything? (LED, white or silver casing would be great)

Thanks! Jen

FYI if anyone is interested: Costco is selling wireless 5 LED puck lights with a base that swivels 360 degrees and the light part pivots left or right (or up and down) 30 degrees. They claim they are super bright and very long lasting, and I bought some for other uses. Since I haven't opened the package yet, I cannot vouch for their efficacy. The Escape that I saw in Eureka had a puck light for nighttime reading.
Peace and Sunshine

Old 09-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #30

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
...Costco is selling wireless 5 LED puck lights...
These ones: 6 Pack of Wireless 5 LED Puck Lights ?

I like the tilt feature, but don't want lights with their own batteries... although if used with rechargable AAA batteries they might fit Bobbie's requirements: "Freestyle" lighting.

By the way, I found them in the U.S. Costco web site, but not Costco.ca (the Canadian site).

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:38 AM   #31

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2009 Escape ('Suite Escape")
California
Registry
Quote:
These ones: 6 Pack of Wireless 5 LED Puck Lights ?

I like the tilt feature, but don't want lights with their own batteries... although if used with rechargable AAA batteries they might fit Bobbie's requirements: "Freestyle" lighting.

By the way, I found them in the U.S. Costco web site, but not Costco.ca (the Canadian site).
Hi,
The pack that I have has only 3. The brand appears to be LUMEN. They also made some in a bar shape that was about 8" long. I haven't seen those lately, though. They were in the Sacramento, CA area Costcos.

Tags
led lights, lighting, lights